why did my piston blow

Daddy_Blasty

May 7, 2017
i was cruisingin 5 not wide open just goin and bang torn the engine apart and the spart plug broke and the top of the piston is fried all white and metal shaving whyd this happen oil injection running way to lean it seemed to run fine before it all happened at once

Not likely the oil injection. Unless you left dirt get into the oil tank while filling and it made its way thru the system to the injector.

More likely an air leak, too lean of jetting, or you just held at 1 rpm for way too long, overheating it. Blasters don't like long sustained rpm runs on roads ( which is the only place I can imagine you running 5th gear for that long)

Give us more details ?
Completely stock ?
How many hours or years on engine ?
Pipe, filter, carb, jetting ?
Ever leakdown tested ?

Not likely the oil injection. Unless you left dirt get into the oil tank while filling and it made its way thru the system to the injector.

More likely an air leak, too lean of jetting, or you just held at 1 rpm for way too long, overheating it. Blasters don't like long sustained rpm runs on roads ( which is the only place I can imagine you running 5th gear for that long)

Give us more details ?
Completely stock ?
How many hours or years on engine ?
Pipe, filter, carb, jetting ?
Ever leakdown tested ?

Just put a new piston and jug maybe a month or two ago has a pro circuit pipe its jetted at 280 and usually ran in heat so idk how it could of went lean in running vforce. I do tho have a slight feeling that it was the cheep chinese jug and piston that was purchased? anything?

yes the cheap chinese jug n piston is the likely culprit
was it leakdown tested ?

no never leak down tested

Should leakdown test your next one, it's one of the leading causes of 2 stroke meltdowns.

And I'll assume that chi-wanese kit came with cheap green paper base gaskets ?
Another culprit for air leaks.

Reactions: Blaaster