Why 32:1

thats a great ??. i know someone on here was saying mixing was concerning the way you ride and how the engine is tuned whether bored or ported and how you ride such as in trail or mx style.

and i'd like to chime in and ask can i mix 50:1 oil to 32:1 its blue just like 32:1 but i dont wanna mix and mess up. i thought 50:1 was marine and most i've seen was red. i hope someone can enlighten 89. i'd like to know as well

theres not much difference. ppl mix 32:1 cause its an even mix in a gallon of gas. sometimes ppl run something lower then 32:1 (more oil) if thir top end is starting to poop out on them. it raises compression. and yes jetting will have to be changed!

That's a great question bro ! And I would love to hear the different answers and the peoples personal take/opinion on the 32-1 preference on this forum. The kid I bought my blaster from works at a machine shop and all they do is atvs and small motors and he told me he prefers 40-1 and that's what he always used ... The guy I deal with at my parts dealer ( he's probly 45-50 and has a many years of experience working on and riding four wheelers ) told me 32-1 is too much oil. I don't know what the difference is between 32-1 and running a bigger main jet and 40-1 and running a size or 2 smaller main jet. Wouldn't there be the same pretty much the same amount of fuel and oil running through the main ? And If you want to switch back to 40-1 I'd drop down one size on your main jet then plug chop.

I must say its kind of funny that in over an hour noone has really explained or even defended the superiority of mixing 32-1 ... If this was a " what should my Premix ratio be ? " 50 people would have jumped in and said 32-1 is the best for blasters ! Anyone else find the funny or odd ?

so true. lol but sum engines handle oil mixtures better a certain way. these engines can sure be picky. its like women you gotta learn how to rub them the way they like, and then they act wild like beast! :D

32:1 is the best option for motors around 200cc, because it delivers sufficient oil for optimum lubrication.

It is really about size and revs that determine the amount of oil needed for perfect lubrication.

The smaller the engine components are, the higher revs can be produced, therefore leaving less time for oil to be dropped out of suspension and collected in the crankcase.

A 50cc engine requires much more oil in the mix than a 400cc engine, simply because the smaller volume of oil which passes through the carby, and the amount of time taken for the oil to come out of suspension.

It is not the oil in the premix that provides the lubrication, but the amount of oil which comes out of suspension and collects in the bottom of the crancase.

This oil is then picked up by the revolving crank and splashed around the motor.

It is correct that a higher concentration oil will increase compression, but the extra oil in the mix will require a larger main jet to compensate for the lower amount of fuel.

For example, changing from 32:1 to 25:1 will need a size larger main jet because , more oil = less fuel.

Some oils can be used at lower concentrations because of their lubrication qualities and their viscosity. They will provide the correct lubrication due to their design and application.

I hope I have explained it so you can understand, but the smaller the motor the more oil you need to use in the premix.

Reactions: slickerthanyou
32:1 is the best option for motors around 200cc, because it delivers sufficient oil for optimum lubrication.

It is really about size and revs that determine the amount of oil needed for perfect lubrication.

The smaller the engine components are, the higher revs can be produced, therefore leaving less time for oil to be dropped out of suspension and collected in the crankcase.

A 50cc engine requires much more oil in the mix than a 400cc engine, simply because the smaller volume of oil which passes through the carby, and the amount of time taken for the oil to come out of suspension.

It is not the oil in the premix that provides the lubrication, but the amount of oil which comes out of suspension and collects in the bottom of the crancase.

This oil is then picked up by the revolving crank and splashed around the motor.

It is correct that a higher concentration oil will increase compression, but the extra oil in the mix will require a larger main jet to compensate for the lower amount of fuel.

For example, changing from 32:1 to 25:1 will need a size larger main jet because , more oil = less fuel.

Some oils can be used at lower concentrations because of their lubrication qualities and their viscosity. They will provide the correct lubrication due to their design and application.

I hope I have explained it so you can understand, but the smaller the motor the more oil you need to use in the premix.

ummm correction! lol that feels weird to say.
i have been working on a leaf blower all week, and it runs on 50:1 and the engine is like a 20cc

I don't understand it myself. I've go a yamaha kt100 2stroke on my gokart and everyone has told me to run it at 16:1. My blaster and my cr125 are 40:1 and my stihl chainsaw and weedeater is 50:1. I don't know, I just run my premixes at what people have told me and I haven't had any problems with any of them

I don't understand it myself. I've go a yamaha kt100 2stroke on my gokart and everyone has told me to run it at 16:1. My blaster and my cr125 are 40:1 and my stihl chainsaw and weedeater is 50:1. I don't know, I just run my premixes at what people have told me and I haven't had any problems with any of them

The Go kart motor, it is a high revving, hard working, heat producing unit and requires lots of oil.

ummm correction! lol that feels weird to say.
i have been working on a leaf blower all week, and it runs on 50:1 and the engine is like a 20cc

Is it fair to say that the little 20cc leaf blower motor is fan forced air cooled.

In my post I should have made it clear that, I based the oil ratios on motors cooled by passive, not forced air.

Leaf blowers, chainsaws and outboard motors, are a different kettle of fish, and run at somewhat controlled constant temperatures, which allows them to run a lower oil concentration.

A motor which relies on its cooling from passive air passing over the surface, will run much hotter, and the temperature will vary owing to conditions.

Rule of thumb for passive air cooled motorcycle engines, the smaller the motor, the higher the oil concentration required.

The flywheel acts as a centrifugal fan, it draws in air and forces it over the motor, that is how those little beggars are kept cool.

So bearing in mind that the leaf blower motor is temperature controlled a 50:1 mix is fine as the components are not subjected to the uncontrolled heat ravages of a passive air cooled motor.

You can also get away with a lesser refined type of oil, that is why it is not a good idea to use weedeater, leafblower, chainsaw oil in a passive air cooled motorcycle.

So bearing in mind that the leaf blower motor is temperature controlled a 50:1 mix is fine as the components are not subjected to the uncontrolled heat ravages of a passive air cooled motor.

You can also get away with a lesser refined type of oil, that is why it is not a good idea to use weedeater, leafblower, chainsaw oil in a passive air cooled motorcycle.

i see ya. but less oil means less lube. which mean more friction, which means less of engine life? like it may stay cool enough, but the friction is greater cause of the less oil in the gas.

Sounds logical, but it is not the amount of oil in the mix that lubricates, it is the amount of oil which comes out of suspension to be thrown around by the crankshaft.