which size dirtbike????

02Blaster02

Sep 10, 2011
Maple Valley
so im torn between an 85 or 100, probably a yz85, kx85 or a kx100. Im 5'2 and dont want something I will just have to sell right away. I might also be willing to go for a 4poke:eek::eek: .what are ur thoughts???

Yeah, YZ125's are tall. I'd check out the kx100 or an 85, they're pretty mean bikes. All 125's are pretty big. 85's are sort of smaller, but would fit you fine at 5'2. So I'd maybe look at the 100 to see how big it is, if you won't hurt yourself on it, then I'd say go for it.

Too big a bike and too powerful a bike teaches you fear and caution.
Start on something small enough that it doesn't intimidate you.
Move up when you grow in skill.

A BMX bicycle is a great place to start, learn balance skills.

I can ride the hell out off my daughter's CRF100 where my KTM300 scares me.

Years of this: (Yeah, paint a pink helmet on him!)

2m4f4hz.jpg

Lead to this:

271_29547070802_4691_n.jpg

That is a YZ125 and he had the skills to wheelie at any speed, for as long as wanted.
The little 80cc and BMX bike were instrumental in learning those skills.
Better to have too little a bike, master it, and then move up.
Starting on too big a bike does not work.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
if the ttr125s are any thing like the ttr90s you should have no problems out of it iv got a 90 that iv had for 6 or 7 years changed the oil 2or3times and rode the piss out of it and never had a problem out of it till now and its running low compression but doesent smoke at all

if the ttr125s are any thing like the ttr90s you should have no problems out of it iv got a 90 that iv had for 6 or 7 years changed the oil 2or3times and rode the piss out of it and never had a problem out of it till now and its running low compression but doesent smoke at all

My bro-in-law bought it new then upgraded three years later I had it for 6 years no issues at all! Yes easy to maintain!

i say look for a modded yz85 they are super fast i had a kx85 with all kinds of mods it didnt hold a candle to the yz 85 im just speaking from experience this kid i hate had a 150r and its alright but dont be like him and extend the swingarm 8 inches if u get the kx85 put the kx100 cylinder and port it fmf or pro circuit u will kill 150s all day long and if u break it its not as expensive to fix