help please with a siezed blaster

Alex_thedork

Mar 7, 2022
so Im 14 I have 2004 blaster and it seized so Ive been looking at what it might be I still dont know what I need to do, should I take to a shop or get a bottem end kit off ebay or something please help.and if I should get a kit I need a video.before it siezed we put a new top end then we started it up first kick ran for 10 seconds and it stoped then my brother kicked it once didnt work second time that he kicked it,cah clunked and the third time it was locked up so i dont know if i should get a bottem end kit or take to a shop like i said.ill have 200 dollars pretty soon son i just need to know its been a while now but before summer we want to get it done.

Last edited:
So, I had something similar where my blaster locked up shortly after starting and I couldn't get anything to move. I found one of the screws in the flywheel that holds the magnets in had backed out and jammed against the housing. I would check there first since it's an easy 5 10mm bolt pull to get the flywheel cover off. Those screws only hang on with about 3 threads, a hope and a prayer. And maybe some blue locktite.

Two things to do BEFORE you tear it down.
1. Power wash it. Dirt is an engine killer !!
2. Do a leak down test. That’s so you can fix a leak if that’s what caused the failure. And you have to do one after assembly,

Reactions: Miker1st
A blaster is real easy to work on. I prefer using a Clymers repair manual, or download the pdf.
Finding a reputable shop near you might be hard. Boring your stock cylinder is the ONLY way to go! A “good “ machine shop will measure the cylinder and tell you what size piston to get. You get that piston, take it to shop, they bore/hone to fit THAT piston. They all vary slightly. I had a Banshee come back from Lakes with the cylinders/pistons marked A & B there was enough difference between the two pistons to make a difference.

There’s probably ScrewTube video or KOR has an assembly video series that you can buy.
BTW, DO NOT use a jaw puller on flywheel !!