Which pwk 28 for my blaster?

Lt1350

Jan 8, 2015
Monroe, mi
I have a blaster with an aggressive trail port, cut head, lightened flywheel and counter ballance shaft, boysen reeds, fmf pipe and silencer. I was considering getting the stock carb bored but after some reading I think I'd rather get a pwk 28. So my question is, are all the pwk 28's the same? Or is there different versions? If so which one do i need, or what bike/bikes can I get a take off carb from, and whats a decent price for a used one. Anybody have any luck with the Chinese ebay knock offs? Thanks guys

pwk 28 is a model of keihin carbs and are all the same just have different slides/jets, and needles for whatever bike it was meant for.

dont use those oko chinese junk carbs

i know the yz 85 and yz80 came stock with a 28 pwk carbs
maybe kx 65, kx85,rm 85,kx100 too?

The pipe is fine, it is designed to produce its power in the low/mid region and it likes a small carb.

You will need to re jet the carb otherwise you may fry the piston.

What other mods will you be doing to the intake.

As far as the intake, no lid, pod filter, cylinder intake area is ported and just the stock Reed cage with boysen replacement reeds because one of the petals was chipped when I got the bike. It had tranny problems when I got it so I had it bored and ported while it was apart

290-300 main jet , plug chop to confirm.

Do not buy jet kits, only buy genuine jets , get a range from 280 through 320.

Awesome thanks for the info! I was kinda wondering where to start with the main. I was thinking 270 but it is pretty cold out. What about the pilot jet and needle (just for a starting baseline)?

Ok cool, I forgot to mention I am also premix now. I have some klotz skicraft synthetic 2 stroke oil left from my xp800 this summer. I was planning on running that in my blaster. Will that be okay or should I pick up something else?

Do not use oil formulated for water cooled engines, only use an oil that is designed specifically For air cooled motorcycles.

Maxima makes a great product.