Wheel spacers

Quingquad

Jan 13, 2010
Kentucky
I'm thinking about racing hare scrambles with my blaster project. Having to keep the budget low though... How ridiculous is the idea to use wheel spacers to widen the base instead of extended A-arms and axle?

flip the front rims (if you already haven't) and throw a banshee axle on it and like bd27 said, buy some shocks!

Narrowness is a blaster's advantage in XC racing. Where 450's will get hung up on each other's ruts, you will rip through because you won't fall in. 20X12 or 22X12 (if your engine can handle them) tires and shocks are what I recommend.

I will tell you this though if you want the extra length in the rear axle go with 300ex hubs they give you about and inch per side and give you the nice 4x110 lug pattern they will go on with just a little coaxing and a whole lot of grease I just did this on my bike and the difference in handleing is worth the money and will cost you much less than a banshee axle

I will tell you this though if you want the extra length in the rear axle go with 300ex hubs they give you about and inch per side and give you the nice 4x110 lug pattern they will go on with just a little coaxing and a whole lot of grease I just did this on my bike and the difference in handleing is worth the money and will cost you much less than a banshee axle

hmmm. that is new, you got pics?

a little coaxing? doesn't seem like that is good.
and banshee is a better bolt pattern.

and wheel spacers will not be good for this type of racing. it will cause more bump steer which will wear your arms outs. you want good suspension for this.
as far as the best shocks, PEPs make some bad ass shocks, but then again they will cost more than you can afford. some nice used works would be good or some elkas. what makes the difference is having the shock dialed in for your weight and riding style.