Bubba did it again!

sclogger

Aug 9, 2021
I've seen some some interesting things while working on bikes throughout the years but this current project...well....Bubba went above and beyond. This is just the tip of the iceberg with this blaster.

Any suggestions on how you guys might approach splitting these cases?

I'm thinking I'll grind down the weld as close to the original cases as possible, put my case splitter on, apply some pressure, them work a Dremel cutoff wheel along the seam as it opens up trying to remove as little as possible where the cases come together then off to the welder for a proper repair. Anyone got a better idea?

IMG_20210922_103738.jpg

I've seen some some interesting things while working on bikes throughout the years but this current project...well....Bubba went above and beyond. This is just the tip of the iceberg with this blaster.

Any suggestions on how you guys might approach splitting these cases?

I'm thinking I'll grind down the weld as close to the original cases as possible, put my case splitter on, apply some pressure, them work a Dremel cutoff wheel along the seam as it opens up trying to remove as little as possible where the cases come together then off to the welder for a proper repair. Anyone got a better idea?

View attachment 35647

Pretty Much best approach you have ^ , Hope its not too bad inside the cases!