What's the best blaster Engine mod ?

best blaster engine mod IMO is stock bore port and polish hands down. couple that with a good exhaust and bigger carb and decent filter and you have a runner.

lets be honest though, forget about trying to run against a banshee. it ain't gonna happen. dump your money into a blaster and enjoy it or cut loose from it and pick up a banshee.

i do honestly believe with the perfect setup you could keep up with mild banshees. in the future im gonna build my first performance purpose built motor using a stroker and dt200 topend WITH working powervavle and many other goods and i can see some potental shee catching.

It isnt gonna be easy, Banshees are quick. i was out with a friend the other day with a bone stock banshee and i drag raced with him 3 or 4 more times. I thought my blasty was gonna be Close and the shee walked right around me every pull. even givving me 2 or 3 lengths and still pulled by me by 5th gear. BUT when racing i did noticed the tire spinning and acceleration was pretty damn close.

Last edited:
These guys know there stuff. I was a new blaster owner and first time 2 cycle owner and I wanted to mod my machine. I listened the guys on the board and did what they recommend. I have a great little light machine that is wicked on the tight trails with lots of corners. I can keep up with just about anything in that scenario. But when the trail opens up the big machines walk right past me. After spending over $4500 on my blaster and still not happy with top end I decided to by a banshee.

my bro gabe was pickn on a banshee all afternoon on my stock jugged ride, guy couldnt believe it wasnt a 250,lol .stock to just piped banshees arent that hard to beat but the built ones are impossible on anything less than high dollar drag bikes.....my main emphasis was on portwork but the whole combo made it nasty

With 3k u can buy an already built banshee,why waste time and money?U will spend more than 3k building the blasty and end up with new upgraded suspension too.Lengthenin,widening ,porting,recutting,carb,pipe, big bore,on and on.
In the trails,easy to do i think,mine is stock,snorkel removed and jetted,i keep up with 450's all day long,got the broken bones to prove it lmao.

Expensive alcohol is pricey and just isn’t worth it. I'd go with a nice happy cheaper to full up (not run!) e85 set up. For some reason 85% alcohol and 15% gas is cheaper than both premium and 100% alcohol, at least from what I can find.
After some research on the heat outputs of e85 and premium fuels.... I located some interesting numbers.
Let’s start with, e85 shows an 18% performance improvement with correct set up over 93 octane premium. It also gives a 4.4% heat increase before the cooling effect of the fuel is comes into play.
You can maintain the same heat levels as premium fuel with a 13.6% power increase.
As stated above, by my brother Nate, I was picking on a pipe banshee covered in chrome with his last build. That motor ran at about 165psi comp. Here in Kansas (or at the dunes) it always reaches 100 (37c) degrees in the summer (the 110 degrees is just too damn hot to be outside). Haven’t had any heat issues on our builds.
If we wanted more power and less heat, e85 is the way to go. If we go for a modest 10% power increase, we will also run cooler by 3.6%. This would involve a compression of about 180 psi. 180psi is close to the limits for 93 octane, e85 (105 octane) is pushed closer between 203-224(depending on ratios).
Port work, head, out of frame pipe (look for a 240 kit drag pipe), carb, adjust timing, and increased fuel flow rates... + gearing and you won’t have any issues picking on mild banshees.
I and Nate are currently looking into building a new monster... been crunching some numbers again :)
Haven't got anything for carbs that makes me real happy. Software I have is nice, but it doesn’t explain the 38mm carbs on the 125 dirt bikes that make 41hp... If a 125 can make that much power, why can’t a 200?

I'm almost saying that. You do have to consume about 30% more to reap the benefits. And your engine needs to be built to get the benefits. For a race fuel of premium, definitely.
Most vehicles that run pure alcohol actually do better with e85. They pick up time in the 1/4 mile and more hp on the dyno.
Alcohol brings a good amount of oxygen in with it. Being a large amount is supplied by the fuel, the stoich ratio is something like 9:1 where gas makes most power at 12.5:1(most efficient at 14:1).
Oils starts getting picky with all the alcohol. I've read most castor oils are your friend. I'm havent done to much research on the oil/alcohol mix yet. The gasoline in premium does provide some lubrication. the 15% in e85 provides much less(still some)!.. I usually run 32:1 oil to be on the safe side anyways. Can run almost any fuel with 32:1 and be fine lol..

Most gas at the pump is e10, 10% alcohol. Technically, most of you are running it in some form or another already.

http://www.raceone85.com/
http://www.change2e85.com/servlet/Page?template=Myths

Last edited:
Sometimes people just don't want a banshee. I can see that. will you ever beat a highly modded banshee?..... probably not but a mildly modded. yes you can. have a dunes port job done on it to run high rpms with a hi rev pipe like a trinity pipe with a 35 36 mm carb and 14/40 or 14/38 gearing you will do just fine. I wouldn't worry about a big bore. I would go for a +3 or +4 stroker crank with the port work and head modification to match. you will be happy with that.

And yes get some damn Paddles

I'm almost saying that. You do have to consume about 30% more to reap the benefits. And your engine needs to be built to get the benefits. For a race fuel of premium, definitely.
Most vehicles that run pure alcohol actually do better with e85. They pick up time in the 1/4 mile and more hp on the dyno.
Alcohol brings a good amount of oxygen in with it. Being a large amount is supplied by the fuel, the stoich ratio is something like 9:1 where gas makes most power at 12.5:1(most efficient at 14:1).
Oils starts getting picky with all the alcohol. I've read most castor oils are your friend. I'm havent done to much research on the oil/alcohol mix yet. The gasoline in premium does provide some lubrication. the 15% in e85 provides much less(still some)!.. I usually run 32:1 oil to be on the safe side anyways. Can run almost any fuel with 32:1 and be fine lol..

Most gas at the pump is e10, 10% alcohol. Technically, most of you are running it in some form or another already.

http://www.raceone85.com/
http://www.change2e85.com/servlet/Page?template=Myths

I'm not sure who you are. I've never seen ya around here before but you have my attention with this e85 thing! I would love to see some ride report info and testing ran on a blaster motor with it. sounds like a great alternitive for more power with out having to hunt down race fuel and pay 10 bux a gallon

I'm not sure who you are. I've never seen ya around here before but you have my attention with this e85 thing! I would love to see some ride report info and testing ran on a blaster motor with it. sounds like a great alternitive for more power with out having to hunt down race fuel and pay 10 bux a gallon

Rubbersalt is part of the triple-port gang that I recall.(?) Glad to hear from him!
Well worth listening to if I remember right, and a very interesting view on E85.
The only thing against E85 is its low octane.

That may not be the whole story however, if an engine is built with compression and quench to use it to maximum advantage the extra fuel flow may be advantageous to an air cooled motor.

Steve

Ya Rubbersalt (gabe) is my lil bro. JSR from here in wichita specializes in e85 and efi mods and the gas station 1 block from me sells it .... John Stallworth made the cover of dirtwheels w his pikes peak winning efi e85 banshee putting 90hp to the wheels w stock jugs. He also has his own line of aftermarket fourstroke jugs. His shop is about 4 blocks from my dad's and i'll have him dyno tune my next 2 builds one being another stock jug blaster the other is going to be a rotaxed 401cc powervalved trx250r. but to stay on topic w the thread I would spend less than 3k on the blaster and do the all the mods ive done plus a stroker crank ,rechambering the head, an out of frame pipe ,work with the best fuel you can afford to run and set the compression accordingly .