Whats going on?

Blaster30

Apr 13, 2012
AAA
Hey guys just got done rebuilding my engine did heat cycles and ran through a tank of gas but now down to where at first my blaster wouldnt idle o its on but now that ive fuk'd around with the idle screw and made sure that the air screw is set at 1.5 turns out.... When i have the choke on it it idle like it supposed to after i've let it warm up and mess with the idle screw after letting the choke in it idles like hell what could be the problem... theirs no air leak already did test...

CYLINDER HAS A 112 PSI OF COMPRESSION WHICH IS HELL OF GOOD

Is the float at the correct level.

Messing with the air screw will produce nothing but trauma, you have to do the following.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS big screw under seat on top of unit. No TORS brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

oh its rides like a charm and never cuts off on me inless i stop and let go of throttle and maybe someone can help me because i dnt knw how to adjust float nore have i done it before

Last edited:
Car is cleaned and im running a stock pilot jet... but i'll make sure i have the right main jet with a plug chop and eliminate all these problems by putting my TORS Elimination back on here and i'll show you guys how to have your blaster self idle with TORS Eliminator without having to put a hole in your carb just in case you wanna put TORS back on

Pretty pointless exercise replacing the troublesome TORS, one day it will dump you in the woods to be eaten by a bear.

If the motor wont idle replacing the TORS will not solve the problem, the settings and adjustments are out of whack and require attention.

Are you sure your carb isn't leaking, that obviously would not be detected from a leakdown test. Spray the carb with carb cleaner while its idling ... Any change in rpm's of course means there's a leak.

yea i'll recheck because i promise you theirs no air leak could having the wrong main jet effect tose results