What To Do..

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys well iv been offered (possibly a life changing job) guy runs a courier/haulage service from his house (35 miles from me) hes got pages on the net of work hes done in past. its a removal job which is what i want to do for a job. and its all over uk and europe. just i don't have a passport and it takes 6 weeks to come through. guy says people are away from 1-3 weeks at a time and can return for 1 week then be away again just depends on the amount of work he gets(which by look of the internet pages there is alot) he said would be able to pick me up and bring me back once the work was done (as my grandad can't drive that far to where his house is)

so what should i do.

i do want a job as a removal person and i do like travelling. just not sure about the length of time being away. but then again if i don't take it will i regret it? :-/

I did a lot of things in life.
The largest mistakes I ever made were the things I didn't do. Do it.

At your age I had left home and was working from minimum wage job to another minimum wage job.
I worked as a a mover, a painter, a truck driver, a factory worker, a farm hand, a clerk, a stockboy and more.
I didn't have a fixed home or apartment. That was an adventure.
That year taught me more than school ever could but it really helped me decide I had to go back to school if I wanted more out of life.

Steve

thanks guys :) just waiting on guy getting back to me as i have asked him a few things about the job etc. also repairing 2 strokes on the side so i have job for now.(until he gets back to me.) also waiting on my Cscs card coming through to get on building sites :D

Life is an adventure, go for it ! ! !
In the time it takes to do a couple jobs you'll have your passport and an even wider open door.
Just be very cautious (and skeptical) of hazardardous materials.

Life is an adventure, go for it ! ! !
In the time it takes to do a couple jobs you'll have your passport and an even wider open door.
Just be very cautious (and skeptical) of hazardardous materials.

yeah mate i do want to do removals but im also interested in mechanic on bikes/quads and construction

guy got back to me :D hes going to arrange a day next week to come through and meet me etc and go through things and to make sure we are both happy. :D

ah well guys i decided just to leave this job offer. had a think about and i am the kind of person that doesn't want to join the army or navy clearly because of the time i will be away and id rather get a job that i can come home from like the same day or every couple of days and not 3 weeks at a time. i am still looking for a removal job but looking for one that does it in the uk.

thanks for the replies though!