what spark plug?

Davidd

Sep 3, 2011
Central mn
So as far as I know my 2001 is stock....just bought it. Did the air box lid removal and wanted to do a plug chop. Pulled the plug and found a br9es. Manual said br8es so that's what I bought. It does have a foam airfilter and at a minimum the top end has been replaced....has non stock gaskets sticking out. What plug do you recommend? Why would there be a 9rocket in there? I believe a 9nice is hotter, but im not quite sure. The guy I bought it from was using the oil injection and pr-mixing. 40:1 on top of it...tan like crap. First thing I did was block off the oiler. Thanks

The 9 is cooler. IDK why its in there it has no reason to be.
It's not hurting anything though. I'd go with the 8 only cause it will offer less fouling and possibly better off idle response.

b8es, no need for thr "R" in there, thats a resistor plug for less radio interference, not sure about anyone else, but i sure as hell don't listen to the radio while riding ???

Lol, who needs a radio with that wonderful 2-stroke exhaust behind you?! Yeah, a B(R)9ES plug is one heat range cooler than stock. The higher the # on an NGK plug, the colder it is. Conversely, the higher the # on a Champion plug, the hotter it is. You don't really need a B9 or BR9ES plug in a near-stock Blaster, and like everybody says, the 8ES will better resist fouling

The only time you'd want to switch to a cooler plug is if you are running an engine with internal mods which increase the amount of heat the engine has to shed. (ie, milled and/or rechambered head).

B8ES, ditch the resistor. As the word says it resists, not only suppresses radio interference but suppresses spark if the electricals are not in pristine condition.

I like to use the B8es I got them on discount cause they were gonna be thrown out the next day took them all out tested them only 1 outta 10 in the boxes had no spark free score.

i agree with everyone else, there is no need to run a r or a 9 plug on a stock motor. but playing with the plug won't hurt the motor you will just foul the plug out.