What main jet do i need?

Jeff Bennett

Oct 26, 2014
I have a 93 blaster, fmf fatty, power core 2, boysen reeds, +4 vitos key, k&n with no lid at 2000 foot. I am thinking 280 but I don't know. I just rebuilt it and it still had the stock 230 with those mods. I have not started it yet because I don't want to heat cycle with the 230.

nobody can tell anyone an exact jet #, although they try o_O
I'd buy 270 thru 300/310
start large and plug chop down.

Reactions: Jeff Bennett
Thanks awk, yeah I know I just need a starting point to heat cycle then plug chop. I just don't want to be too lean and I am very new to 2 strokes. I do know you handy dandy leak tester shows no leaks on my new build. lol

when I order the jets, are all the hex jets the same size as far as fitting in the carb? I want to get 310-280 but am afraid I will order the wrong diameter or something. Any help would be appreciated as I am wanting to order them now. thanks.

You could have a 200 or a 400 main jet and it wouldn't make a bit of difference on your heat cycles. You're not going to be going to 3/4 throttle on your heat cycles. Just don't ride it with your mods and a 230.

Yeah I know it wont get enough throttle to get to the main, but I know when I fire it up and heat cycle it, I will want to ride it sooooo bad. I just don't want the temptation, if you know what I mean.