Keihin pwk 28mm

Joe1247

Mar 31, 2020
Hey guys I have a question, I have a keihin pwk 28 mm that I want to put on my 94 blaster, I have done the following mods to it, 67.5mm piston high compression head, full fmf fatty Exhaust with power core to silencer, v force 4 reeds, air box lid removed, +3 degree timing advance . Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you starting from a fresh rebuild with your mods and want to put the carb on before you get it running or is it already running and you want to add the PWK carb?

What help are you looking for?

Start with bigger jets to compensate for the extra flow. If you don't have one already, pick up a Keihin jet kit in the 280 to 340 range and start high and work back from there. Always better safe than sorry, especially with the timing advance. Make sure you've got the 32.5 pilot jet.

EDIT: This info is for Mikuni Carbs, not Keihin! See post below!

Last edited:
Are you starting from a fresh rebuild with your mods and want to put the carb on before you get it running or is it already running and you want to add the PWK carb?

What help are you looking for?

Start with bigger jets to compensate for the extra flow. If you don't have one already, pick up a Keihin jet kit in the 280 to 340 range and start high and work back from there. Always better safe than sorry, especially with the timing advance. Make sure you've got the 32.5 pilot jet.

Bad info here !! You’re citing jet sizes for a Mikuni carb not a Kehine

Oh shoot! I didn't realize they were different between carbs!

Always listen to Larry, he knows what's up!

No one is perfect, I dilekiate at times or have too much info between the years. Little trick I use to get a rough idea if jetting is close is Kehine main jet is 1/2 of Mikuni ie a 150=300
Pilots are very roughly 2X the value.