What kind of truck should I buy next year?????

Wifesblaster

Built not bought
Feb 10, 2012
Maryland
Here is what it is down to. F150, ram, or Silverado. Must be 4 door, and 4WD. Budget is 20,000. I will be trading in my current truck. It is a 04 GMC sierra standard cab. I WILL NEVER BUY AN 04-06 SIERRA OR SILVERADO AGAIN! what do you guys think?

I WILL NEVER BUY AN 04-06 SIERRA OR SILVERADO AGAIN! what do you guys think?

I spent several years working in a lube shop and the gasoline vehicles with the highest miles were the silverados of the years you listed with the 6.0 engine. I routinely serviced those with 250-400k miles. You have bad luck with them I assume?

I haven't had any problems with the motor or trans. They are electrical nightmares! The common problems with these years are stepper motors in gauges stop working, climate control is terrible (blows hot air when ac is on sometimes because of poorly designed blend doors, windshield wiper come on by themselves, front running lights fill up with water and corrode connections, and windows go up really slow. If you Google any of these problems you will be reading for days. They should have recalled them, but never did.

the ram with the hemi is good my parents have a 2011 and it gets like 24mpg and pleny of power

no no no...

2001 dodge cummins 12v

My dad gets 21 mpg with the 24v cummins, and 18 when pulling a 28' camper...
Havent lost power yet!

If you get a ford 6 litre, we have a chip for that engine if you might be interested I:I

no no no...

2001 dodge cummins 12v

My dad gets 21 mpg with the 24v cummins, and 18 when pulling a 28' camper...
Havent lost power yet!

If you get a ford 6 litre, we have a chip for that engine if you might be interested I:I

all we needed to do was add a tranny, the stock ones kinda suck putting the power to the ground, we got a "georend" he is a guy in iowa that builds dodge trannies, u tell him ur HP and what you do with the truck and he builds what u need, then ships a new one to you and you send him the one out of your truck which he then builds for someone else.

I'm a Jeep guy at the moment. But as for pickups allot is going to depend on what your doing with it. Plowing, hauling, towing, rving (is that a word)?, commuting, hitting jumps =), as i work on lots and lots of trucks, allot comes down to what your doing with it, and it kind of hurts for me to say this because i try n stick with American but Toyota is a good all around truck. The Tundra is a pain in the rear to change the oil though, but that's a small price to pay for a truck that holds it's own in many fields. The F150 and Ram i would consider as well. Me personally, i like older American pickup trucks. I did have an 89 Tacoma back in the day with well over 300k it just rusted beyond belief.

Toyota and Nissan are out of out of the question. I will be using the truck for commuting, hauling an enclosed trailer full of blasters, doughnuts in the snow, and hauling boats.

I say get a 1997 -1998 gmc or chevy 1500 with the 350 vortec my dad has one with 350,000 miles with the stock motor has plenty of power and I think he gets 20mpg

I agree. My buddy had a 97 Tahoe that had 250,000 on it and sold it running strong. I just want something a little newer.