What do you think this is worth?

yamaha28

Apr 8, 2011
I posted this up on craigslist for $3000 and have not gotten any interest in a week. Just wondering what you guys thought the value might be. I might just keep her around until spring when more people are buying.

Up for sale I have a Bombardier Traxter 500cc 4x4. This quad has full time 4x4, with Park, Reverse, Neutral, High, and Low. It has a semi automatic clutch so you can switch through five gears in High, Low, or Reverse. This means that you don't have to worry about any belt systems breaking. It has independent front wheel suspension and a solid shaft drive axle in the rear with duel suspension. I have installed Tusk heated grips and heated thumb throttle. I have also installed brand spanking new Bear Claw tires all around with only 10 miles on them. I used this quad for plowing once and it worked great! I am looking for a sportier quad though and I am looking for money to buy another quad. This quad has been taking great care of, I am only the second owner too. I have changed the oil, oil filter, flushed the radiator, replaced all the differential oil, and out a new air filter in. There is just over 2000 miles on it, I have only put about 50 of those miles on it. It runs great and looks amazing too! The only thing wrong with it, the light cover on the cluster is missing, doesn't effect the performance at all.

CMP_0126.jpg

CMP_0127.jpg

CMP_0128.jpg

CMP_0129.jpg

Here is a walk around video of it.
2001 Bombardier Traxter 500 4X4 for sale - YouTube

Please let me know! I:I

You might be a little bit on the high side but it is pretty clean.

Quad sales right now are waiting on tax income checks to come back and people to go looking for toys. You might have to leave it floating around on CL for a while before someone's gonna get back with you.

Ah, I didn't even think about the tax returns, very good point. Somebody offered me $2000, I am pretty sure I can get more for it. I have it up for $2600 at the moment, I will leave it floating like you said. Thanks for the input!

Sometimes nada.com and/or kbb.com can be a good base estimator to work pricing from.

Also have you tried researching what others are or have been selling/sold that for?

Last edited:
Nada.com:
Low Retail: $1,190
Average Retail: $1,565

Kbb.com:
Trade in Value: $1,600 in good condition
Book Retail Value: $2,385 in Excellent condition

Yea, that's a little less then I thought I could get. I am still confident that I might be able to find the right buyer though. If not after a few weeks on interest I might go that low. Thanks for the input!

yeah 28 those are really baselines. ultimately it comes down to your discresion and what your comfortable recieving for it. best of luck.