What do you guys use for protective gear?

turbowagon

Aug 24, 2009
Southern CT
Looking at getting a set of mx boots, already have a helmet, gloves, goggles. I'm debating getting a chest protector, padded shirt/pants as well. But I was curious what people are using just for messing around on the trails.

Thinking of heading to an MX track and they specify full gear, so....

I use

pants, jersey, boots, gloves, goggles, chest protector, leatt neck brace

and you will also need a tether killswitch for your quad and nerf bars

Just messing around on trails

Shirt:: Shift Long Sleeve
Pants:: Dickies or sweats
Boot:: Black Timberlands
Helmet:: Always wear it.
Googles:: Scott
Gloves:: Mechanics

Nerf bar is waiting for install. As far as boots go, I was looking at these:

Shift 09 Combat Boots Size 10 Black | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I'm curious if MX boots will work for riding an ATV, or if I need to get ATV specific boots. I guess ATV boots have grippier soles.

I was using construction boots, but I really don't wanna break something if I take a digger.

Yea I'll order a tether kill switch too, I think the track says I need that and nerf bars.

yes... MX boots are what you want... I have never heard of atv boots before any type of boots will work

answer JS LE tubes full gear
fox glovex w/ carbon fiber knuckles(broken hand earlier this year)
KTM Leatt
Sidi Boots
TEKvest
KTM knee Braces
Scott/Smith roll-off goggles
shoei vfx-w helmet

answer JS LE tubes full gear
fox glovex w/ carbon fiber knuckles(broken hand earlier this year)
KTM Leatt
Sidi Boots
TEKvest
KTM knee Braces
Scott/Smith roll-off goggles
shoei vfx-w helmet

how do you like the sidi's and what model do you have?

i use everything but a neck brace and kidney belt, but i want a neck brace and have a kidney belt just have to get used to it.

for the trails:
o'neil helmet
t-shirt or sweatshirt, depending on the temp
jeans
work boots
mechanics gloves
oakley goggles or sunglasses
for the track:
o'neil helmet
fox yamaha jersey
fox yamaha pants
fox yamaha gloves
alpinestar tech 5 boots
oakley goggles

Thanks guys I picked up a set of Scott goggles to go with my helmet, Shift "combat" boots, and I got a Pro Design kill switch from Rocky Mountain. Used their promo code and got $20 off my next purchase which is nice.

I'm gonna save up and do a little more research then get a chest protector and knee guards/braces.

That Tekvest looks really cool, but its a bit pricy. I'm thinking if I'm able to hit the MX track once a month, some decent gear will be in order, and some mechanical upgrades. I don't have any plans of organized racing though, but I'm thinking knees, back, chest protection will be important just for getting on the track with a bunch of other quads.

I think I should be able to find a decent deal on pants/jerseys. Hopefully heading to Lewiston Maine at the All Wheels Offroad park in a couple weeks so at least I have the basics.