What a Day...

xKroniK13x

THEN WE ALL BLOW UP!
Sep 4, 2009
This is pretty much just venting about today. Lol.
Today started out pretty good. We were gonna go up to my camp about an hour away and clean up since we haven't since winter. My grandma owns the property, so what she says pretty much goes.
We were cleaning up and we found 4 old, moldy pillows that were left out through the winter. They're the kind that are foam padded on the inside. She said to just burn them (we were burning leaves and logs as is, no big deal). So I set the pillows next to the burn pile, about 2 feet away. I was going to wait for it to smolder down a little bit until I threw the pillows on. I go to finally throw them on, and apparently the fire got hot enough to melt the pillow. I grabbed it, my hand went inside of the melted pillow and the foam all melted to my fingers. I have felt a lot of burns, this one is 2nd worst feeling ever. We put it in water, peel it all off and I'm left with some nice, bloody, dead skin and blisters. (Yeah, I'll get pictures.)

Well, my brother and girlfriend were there and my brother wanted to go fishing. Sounds good, I get a break, we can chill and fish. I pick up chairs to put in the car, and the tubes of them apparently were filled with rusty water. The water went all over me. My shirt and jeans were soaked with rusty water, and I had no clothes to change into. I left my jeans as is, and wore one of my grandmas shirts (luckily, just a plain tshirt, not a girly one). But now my jeans and shirt are ruined probably, my middle finger is covered with blisters from the middle knuckle up, my pointer finger has a big blister on the inside fingerprint of it, and I'm exhausted.

It's fine to laugh, I did too, as did my entire family once I was alright. Just not my day, and I had to vent a little. Feel free to make fun of it, lol. :-[

All I said was "it could be worse..." Lmao. My outlook on most things. Sorry for the length read, I didn't realize it was that long. I'm mindlessly rambling.

Well that just sucks! I hate getting burned, similar thing happened to my dad last year. He was crack sealing a runway and they used a torch to get the crack sealer fired up. He put the torch back into the back of a truck, thinking it was off. Well, it wasn't, and the plastic lining of the truck bed went up in flames. He had gloves on, and he swung his hands around at the fire, and the fire lit up his gloves. Melted right onto his skin. Had his hand wrapped up for a while but it all healed.

And the rusty water inside the chair thing, always happens to me too! Hate it!!!!

Ya i wanna see some pics sounds painful, There was a kid in my highschool who stuck his hand in a pile of hot glue.

I put my hand on a Cattle brander. It was only half way heated up but man that hurt like an SOB! Doesnt sound like you had a good day but tomorrow might be better? lol

Laughter is the best medicine :D

When I was a young lad, neighbor and I were F ing around and I was heating the bottom of his tennis shoe with a propane torch, then he wiped the shoe on my hand :eek:

Ya i wanna see some pics sounds painful, There was a kid in my highschool who stuck his hand in a pile of hot glue.
That's actually the most painful burn I've had... hot glue. We were using industrial sized hot glue guns in my art class, and a huge stream of molten glue missed my project and landed on my finger. I heard my skin popping. :eek:

The picture does it no justice, but that's the blisters. There is about 3/4 inch of dead skin and then he blisters you can see. I can't get the blister on my index finger to come up. My phone camera sucks, lol.
burn.png

That sucks, burns are no fun. I was deep frying some wings a couple nights ago and got a splash across my face. Wasn't bad at all but it's a scary couple of seconds at first when you aren't sure how bad it is. Couple small blisters that look like pimples.

That sucks, burns are no fun. I was deep frying some wings a couple nights ago and got a splash across my face. Wasn't bad at all but it's a scary couple of seconds at first when you aren't sure how bad it is. Couple small blisters that look like pimples.

Glad you're alright bro, that oil can be nasty.