Were to get a twist throttle cable for carb with tors still? help!

Scottt07

Dec 22, 2009
San Bernardino california
I have a blasty im switching back to a stock carb. the stock carb has the tors on top still.. I need a cheap elimination kit of a throttle carb that will work...My 95 has a twist with the tors sh*t on the carb still.. but the local motorsports says they dont see one that motion pro makes for what i need.. weird....

any suggestions? i tried ebay but all the ones i found said for twist without tors

You can take the side cover off the TORS unit and pull the existing cable bracket off, fab up a small bracket and mount it to the oem bracket to fit whatever twist throttle you got. Pretty easy with basic hand tools and a small drill bit.
One of the problems though is that (from memory) because of where you have to mount your fabbed bracket and the geometry of the TORS unit, there is not a lot of return pressure for the throttle. I suppose that's one reason thumb throttles have their own retun spring.

That kind of defeats his purpose of a "cheap" alternative to a TORS elimination kit doesn't it? LOL!! I thought those elimination kits are over priced!

If you have a guy that can make a little bushing or if you can make one yourself, that'll work too.

Pull the side cover off your TORS. See the large nipple on the end of the throttle cable? All you need to do is make a bushing that will adapt the twist cable with the small nipple to a large nipple, or, make a bracket as I said earlier.

If you don't mind the down time, send me the carb, the old cable, and the twist cable you are going to use and I'll set you up. You just pay shipping. PM me if you want. That said, when I did this before switching carbs, I did not like the throttle return. It would return slowly if I let go of the throttle, not snap back. The PKM carb I have now snaps back nice and crisp with the same cable and throttle. The OE carb worked fine with the thumb throttle too, but the thumb throttle has it's own return spring, with the twist throttle, the carb has to twist the throttle back.

Good luck! It's easy, you just have to get in there and do it! I:I

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, let us know how it works out.

Oh, forgot to mention, you'll need the adjuster that screws into the top of the TORS and is part of the cable. You have to cut the end of the old cable out, and drill it just a little bit so the small nipple on the twist cable will fit through it.

Yeah, I said nipple.