Waterproofing?

darealblaster

2 STROKIN PUERTO RICAN
Sep 6, 2008
Puerto Rico
Well I'm possibly going to a Cross Country race on sunday. Today I practiced the course but had trouble on a river crossing. Other than waterproofing my airbox. Im more concerned with the ignition coil and other connections. What do you guys recommend??

It is surprising what WD40 will do.

This is one of the applications where I will promote the dreaded WD40, this is what it was designed for, a water repellant/de watering fluid.

Give all the electrics a big squirt before entering the water and more when you leave.

Make sure stator cover is sealed, and take it off and check/dry it after the race. Dielectric grease on all connections including inside plug boot. If water is real deep consider running carb vents up into air box with end of hose pointing down, plug or extend bowl drain hose with large section lower than bowl just incase it does overflow a bit.

Make sure stator cover is sealed, and take it off and check/dry it after the race. Dielectric grease on all connections including inside plug boot. If water is real deep consider running carb vents up into air box with end of hose pointing down, plug or extend bowl drain hose with large section lower than bowl just incase it does overflow a bit.

Actually dielectric is a non conductive material. It's an insulator not a conductor. Im in the process of fabbing up a plate from sheet metal to cover the area that is between the gas tank and the airbox which is exposed to water splashing up which is my main concern. Then Ill cover most electric connections with electric tape and wd40 for the ignition coil.

Sound good? Or is my plan flawed.