What do you guys include in your trail toolkit?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by El_cheapo, Apr 30, 2019.

1. El_cheapo

El_cheapo Member

I like to ride trails solo, the trails i have access to have no cell service. I currently just threw a Philips, flathead, and a little glass liquor bottle filled with atf under my seat. (I had been fighting a leaky drain bolt, I show no signs of leaks now though)

Obviously there are things we can't fix on the trail, engine blows your walking out. But anyone have ideas on things i could add for scenarios?

Last weekend I caught a stick between the tires and ripped a valve stem off, previous owner had flipped the front tires around for some reason. I actually rode back several miles of highway like that, if i went like 20+ mph centrifugal force would actually whip the tire into shape pretty well and I just kind of leaned the other way. There was no way i could break that bead even if I had a valve stem, then there's the trouble of airing it back up although I suppose you could carry one of those little bike pumps cross country bicyclists use. I guess if I had recently broke my beads loose, and a bigger Phillips, possibly used a rock as a hammer I could have pulled it off but maybe i'm going too far here.

2. Larry's Shee

Larry's Shee Active Member

Unemployed carpenter
  3. Mackerdoots

Mackerdoots Member

Electrical/Mechanical engineer; metrologist
    A knife..... to widdle your self a new tire from a stump to get ya home