Warrior or blaster? Please help!

WE ARE SAYING WHAT YOU SHOULD DO!!! my blaster is on the stock cast piston from 99. if that isnt reliable idk what is. you have to take care of it. run maxima klotz or amsoil oils. keep an eye on ur compression. and make sure its jetted right with plug chops and top ends should last years. if your not going to listen to us and argue that you want the warrior then get it. its not our quads or problems

How are you telling me what I should do?! Your sitting here calling me a f**king retard and disgracing my family?! Yea that's so helpful and it's definitely telling me what I should do.

If I didn't care then why did I ask? I'm just looking for opinions. I never said I wasn't keeping it. I just wondered what to do. I'm still deciding.

My post wasnt meant to put down. I simply pointed out tht people were saying what they thought u should do. I should have added to keep it and doing my list of things it will be as reliable or more reliable than any 4 stroke. The guy after me was harsh. I read tht in my email and it was lile WTF MAN?

Ok how the hell don't I maintain it?! I mix gas an oil and put it in the tank, how isn't that mantinence?! I always run a full tank through it on eachride an I baby the he'll out of it and get on it when I feel like it. But all I do is cruise around. Seriously guys? What the hell! I thought you guys were helpful and you are... Sometimes. But you sit here and judge someone because they have problems with their stuff and they aren't as "perfect" as YOU ALL THINK YOU ARE. This was suppose to be a simple thread about what I should do. Not all of what has happened to my fourwheeler and putting me down and basically calling me a retard. And then your going to try and disgrace my family?! Seriously?! Who do you seriously think you are?! Your not as badass as you might think you are and you don't know everything. Your not perfect. This site is for help not to put peoole down and call them retarded because they are a kid and don't have anyone to f**king learn from. I'm sorry I'm not perfect like everyone else thinks they are on here. Like seriously?! What's wrong with you guys?! Your suppose to help. Your not helping at all. The only person that has even helped me is blkblzr cause he's no putting me down and he actually has a warrior and blaster.

there is no reason to blow up a bike 4 times a year maintinence is a lot more than putting gas in it. and the part about being a kid and not having any help. im 15 and dont have any help pretty much taught myself what i know learned a good bit reading on here but you dont see me blowing my blaster up 4 times a year

i did not put you down i am simpley telling you its not the blaster. if you have that many problems with the blaster you wont have any more luck with a warrior your not doing something right if you fry the topend 4 times a year its not the blaster. do what you want i say keep the blaster and figure out what you are doing wrong and fix it and it will last just as long as a warrior

I'll told you guys that it wasn't jetted right. I can't do plug chops or any of that so I relied on the local Yamaha dealership to do it but they didn't do it right I guess. It's not my fault it wasn't right but what was I suppose to do? Idk how to fix it. There's no one else around here who could fix it. We finally have the jetting right hopefully.

my blaster is on it's 5th year on this same top end and i maintain it VERY well. i only put the highest quality and best oils in it and i never run it hard, i just cruise around and every now and then get the itch to go fast but not often. i baby mine all to hell and no matter how cold the weather, i could go outside and it starts first kick.

You never run it hard? :-/

I'll told you guys that it wasn't jetted right. I can't do plug chops or any of that so I relied on the local Yamaha dealership to do it but they didn't do it right I guess. It's not my fault it wasn't right but what was I suppose to do? Idk how to fix it. There's no one else around here who could fix it. We finally have the jetting right hopefully.

Do what everybody else on this site has done..........learn.

Ok how the hell don't I maintain it?! I mix gas an oil and put it in the tank, how isn't that mantinence?! I always run a full tank through it on eachride an I baby the he'll out of it and get on it when I feel like it. But all I do is cruise around. Seriously guys? What the hell! I thought you guys were helpful and you are... Sometimes. But you sit here and judge someone because they have problems with their stuff and they aren't as "perfect" as YOU ALL THINK YOU ARE. This was suppose to be a simple thread about what I should do. Not all of what has happened to my fourwheeler and putting me down and basically calling me a retard. And then your going to try and disgrace my family?! Seriously?! Who do you seriously think you are?! Your not as badass as you might think you are and you don't know everything. Your not perfect. This site is for help not to put peoole down and call them retarded because they are a kid and don't have anyone to f**king learn from. I'm sorry I'm not perfect like everyone else thinks they are on here. Like seriously?! What's wrong with you guys?! Your suppose to help. Your not helping at all. The only person that has even helped me is blkblzr cause he's no putting me down and he actually has a warrior and blaster.

If you want me to be blunt, I don't think you should own an ATV; and even if you do, it better be stock, hence why I said get a stock ATV like a 400ex. It's obviously you and your father are clueless on how to operate an ATV period when it blows 4 times in 1 year from being lean/having air leaks/and your dad having the innovative idea to run pre mixed gas while still running the oil injector too. It's not being harsh or me being a dick.........it's the cold hard facts that you guys are clueless in what you are doing. Please tell me how I am wrong in that statement. Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and tell yourself why there is a problem.

If you want to own a faster quad, I'd suggest a faster stock quad that you won't have to touch which is still an errant statement, but a stock quad like a 400ex and up, otherwise I wouldn't trust you with anything modded unless you learn for yourself how to properly maintain a quad........again not being an ass......just being blunt and up front.

If you want me to be blunt, I don't think you should own an ATV; and even if you do, it better be stock, hence why I said get a stock ATV like a 400ex. It's obviously you and your father are clueless on how to operate an ATV period when it blows 4 times in 1 year from being lean/having air leaks/and your dad having the innovative idea to run pre mixed gas while still running the oil injector too. It's not being harsh or me being a dick.........it's the cold hard facts that you guys are clueless in what you are doing. Please tell me how I am wrong in that statement. Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and tell yourself why there is a problem.

If you want to own a faster quad, I'd suggest a faster stock quad that you won't have to touch which is still an errant statement, but a stock quad like a 400ex and up, otherwise I wouldn't trust you with anything modded unless you learn for yourself how to properly maintain a quad........again not being an ass......just being blunt and up front.

amen 151515151515

people have been trying to tell you what to do so that you can go out and learn hands on. why can you not do plug chops? Jetting is not that hard either and has been covered many times. I will attest that I'm not the greatest of people at learning stuff especially if I have to read it, I'd rather had some explain it to me or so me how to do it but sometimes you just have to man up roll up your sleeves and get dirty to learn, and quite honestly if you can't do it on something as simple as a blaster then I fear for you in life in you have to get a job and have to learn something new on your own. to be even more brutally honest I don't think you really came here to learn or get opinions you pretty well just came here to troll.

2/10 troll points

I currently own both a warrior and a blaster. The blaster is MUCH more fun to ride and definitely my favorite..., but here in UT warriors generally hold their value better. Depending on how nice the warrior was, you could sell it and get another blaster with cash left over to upgrade it. Just a thought.

Most people joined this site to pose questions because they haven't learned hands on and seeked info on "How to...." so they can do it hands on.

I agree.... My friends blaster had a problem like that. I got the top end done it when about 3 months later it went. I open it up again and seen oil under the crankshaft .One of the seals was letting oil into where the crankshaft so it was smoking but not a lot...... Did the bike smoke at all?

why can't you do a plug chop? it's not hard

and if your not sure on jetting start out high and go down from there

heat is also a big killer of air cooled motors! give them a break on a long ride

its really about how you ride. If you're really getting into it and going fast you should keep the blaster. If you just want something to cruise the trails with get the warrior, but you will notice it is slower. In the end its your choice and no one else can make it for you.

Im the clueless one, not my dad. Hes very knowledgable about all of this. But he wont help me because thats just how he is. but that's why we had a local Yamaha dealer (who is suppose to specialize in carb work) work on it for me. They f'ed it up when I thought it was right. So I rode it and it blew and kept blowing. Now we finally seem to have it right.