Vitos Super Stock Or Pro Lite Weisco ????

joshy4867

Oct 7, 2012
kpt,423
Vitos Super Stock Or Pro Lite Weisco ???? Never Used Vitos Before And From What There Saying Is A 33% Gain In HP Witch Is Like About 7h.p Gain True?????

The Super Stock has a lowered section cut into it. It's suppose to give some of the benefit that a port job does when the exhaust port is raised. If you google it, you can find some pics of what I'm talking about. I don't believe you'd get a 30% gain in power vs using a Wiseco but you might get a 30% gain vs a worn out low compression top end that you'd be replacing. On the up side, the Super Stock pistons are made by Wiseco to Vito's specs, so the quality is there. If you don't plan (or already have) porting and the cost is equal to the Wiseco, it might give you a little more power but don't expect a 30% increase over what the Wiseco would have made.

DK. Ive Already piston and my rod and bearings and crap in ive got it all except bored, hopefully next week they have it done, and its been milled before ported and head re cc-ed so hopefully i can find a bigger carb ASAP but until then ill just jet the crap outta what i got and hopefully it run a lil better

Are you having the boring done locally? I had a CR250 cylinder done up your way (between you and JC) and they didn't chamfer the ports. Did you buy the Vito's piston? I don't think I'd use the Vito's SS with a ported cylinder. I have a 34mm PJ that I'm not using. I bought it on here, from a member, so it should be good but I have never used it. If you want to try it, let me know.

I recently installed a Vito's forged superstock piston in one of my three blasters. After reading a lot of negative comments about the superstock, I have come to believe that most of the negative posters have probably never seen one and certainly have not ridden a bike equipped with one. It is a very nice quality piston manufactured by wiseco, with a unique design, the rings are set lower in the piston and the front of the piston is lowered to increase exhaust port timing. It does make quite a bit more power, and when the bike comes on the powerband, it is easily noticed. Running side by side with both blasters equiped with FMF fattys, 4 degrees advanced timing, reeds, and K&N filters, the ss pistoned bike consistently pulls away. If you are running stock port timing, this is the piston to buy.

Last edited:
There's nothing to sweat over the SS piston. 33% is very generous... they probably add 3-4 PEAK horsepower with aftermarket reeds and a pipe. I did notice a nice little top end hit with mine, being especially noticeable in 4th.

As far as durability, I have a tale to tell. I was on the trails and a screw came out of my reed cage. The SS smacked it dead on the bottom of the intake port and shoved it into my crank case. The piston did not crack! There was just an indentation in the form of a screw. I pulled the jug and got the screw un-wedged from my crank, and actually reused the piston for the rest of the summer (with a little filing).

It's a decent, and fairly inexpensive mod if you don't want to commit to porting. An ideal solution if you plan to add a stoker down the line, as you want an un-ported cylinder if you plan to go with a correctly set up stroker down the line.

i JUST rebuilt my blaster with the vitos forged super stock (which is manufactured by weisco.. for all you out there who bash vitos) my atv also has fmf fatty/powercore2, vforce3 reeds, 4 degrees advance timing, jetted carb..... all i ca say is its the perfect trail machine.... i have power whenever i need it and the powerband is earlier and lasts so much longer

When I had just bought my blaster it had a Weisco and I blew it so I threw a pro-x piston in it and like it a lot more than tht Weisco

I have modified pistons in the same way as the Vitos SS, notched out in order to test the effect of porting without damaging an expensive and irreplaceable cylinder. It does a very good job of mimicking exhaust port timing changes and could raise the power 30% IF Exhaust port timing was your holdback to power. Typically it raises the rpm range a bit and increases peak HP at the loss of a bit of mid-range. Seeing that the Blaster 200 is so under pushed for power, big gains are often easy with the stock motor. 30% is raising the HP from 17 to 23. Possible, on rpm alone with a piston change, especially if it corrects squish a bit.

Exhaust port work still trumps a modified piston, but if you are nervous about grinding your cylinder, this could be a quick way to success.