vin number

Brent Johnvin

Mar 9, 2009
CLAYTON WI
when i bought my yamaha blaster from a guy i asked him if he had the title and he said no but he said that he had the bill of sale and i could register that way to but i tryed that and it dident work. i looked on the frame for the numbers and i cant find them. it's a 2000 does eny body know were the numbers are located on the frame? andif eny body has eny old blaster frames laying around with the numbers if i could just buy the frame from them for the numbers I:I thanks

Re: pin number

Check your state laws. In ohio you dont need a title except for state use quads or something. I know I would feel better having it though. I still need to get a title for mine. I only have a bill of sale, but from a big sales place. Ruthless you have any idea how to get a lost title?

Your bike should have a VIN number where ruthless one said.

In California you can go to the DMV and apply for a lost or stolen Title. If you dont have a bill of sale you have to fill out a form explaining why you dont have a title or why you dont have a bill of sale. Then they will run the VIN make sure its clear and will assign give it a title and a Green or Red sticker for off road use.

I am thinking every state should have some sort of the same system.

wrong on the every quad after 97 came with one.. my wifes 93 blaster has a'title' her 90 trail boss had a'title' my 84 250r had a 'title' same with m y85 200x..

i say 'title' since in wi its a registration card.. the size of a credit card

if you liiking at the left side of the quad frame on the lower part of it by the peg. thats where its going to be. if you cant find it then its prolly stolen and they ground it off. there is no reason for it not to have a vin.

if you liiking at the left side of the quad frame on the lower part of it by the peg. thats where its going to be. if you cant find it then its prolly stolen and they ground it off. there is no reason for it not to have a vin.

i agree the numbers are rght on the frame stamped into it so if you got numbers what would that help??

ya it would help alot i have the bill of sale i just cant find the numbers i tiped my blaster on its back wheels and i looked to the left and right foot pegs and its not there

Here is the exact location

2004_02_20_bikepics-111049-full.jpg

I have 3 blasters, all bought new by me so I know they are not stolen. Only 1 of the 3 (newest, its a 2001 model) has the vin stamped in the frame in front of the left footpeg. The 94 and 96 models do not have the vin stamped anywhere in the frame. Just a FYI.

I have 3 blasters, all bought new by me so I know they are not stolen. Only 1 of the 3 (newest, its a 2001 model) has the vin stamped in the frame in front of the left footpeg. The 94 and 96 models do not have the vin stamped anywhere in the frame. Just a FYI.

wierd.........................