Unknown screw

Craig420

Nov 22, 2014
image.jpg
Ok so the tors system or whatever it's called. The thing that is attached to the too of the carb and has the throttle cable attached to it
I was wondering what this screw does it's on the piece I was talking about
I have attached a picture above
See it was loose so me being me and not so smart sometimes said hey tighten it a little and bam won't run correctly

Last edited:
Ok If that's the idle screw.
Then I think I have 2 idle screws. So I your setting on the bike on the left side of the card is a screw that's what I have been using to adjust the idle. It may be a fuel flow screw i dont know. But it's a small screw on the side of the carb

Ok If that's the idle screw.
Then I think I have 2 idle screws. So I your setting on the bike on the left side of the card is a screw that's what I have been using to adjust the idle. It may be a fuel flow screw i dont know. But it's a small screw on the side of the carb
That's the air screw. And that's probably the reason it's running bad if not set correctly along with idle screw.

That screw pushes on the throttle just a little when screwed in or lets the throttle rest when screwed out. Thus screwing it in will open the throttle a fraction. It pulls the needle out little by little.

Idle speed adjustment.

Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when the screw is cracked open.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .