Unknown Problem???

Darrell

Feb 23, 2008
ok I have an 2001 blaster that i bought i few weeks ago. I bought it to fix up but am having some troubles! Ok when you start the bike up it runs fine and idels fine until it warms up. then it wont idel on choke or off the choke. But it runs fine as long as your giving it gas! Now when you go to let out on the clutch it just dogs and dies. but if you keep it revved out about half way it will go but its real weak. but once you get it to the power band it runs fine! It did this when i bought it and i rebuilt the carb and tried adjusting the idel! nothing worked? It acts like a carb problem to me but not sure. Has any one expereinced this before? When i ride it down the road it runs fine as long as you keep the rpms up?

maybe top end rebuild time.. if it starts/idles fine until warm.. then once warm it develops problems.. that could mean that its just worn out.. could take off the head and take measurements on the cylinder walls to be certain though.

ok now when i bought this it has some shafty home made oil injection block off done to it, and i was wanting to hook the injection back up because i am going to completely redo this quad to its stock configures! but im not sure witch line on the carb are for it? there should only be one from the tank to the carb? right? and the bottom hose is just an overflow?

you dont want that oil injection, they are very unreliable and if the pump goes or gets plugged youll blow the motor, just mix your gas at 32:1 the problem you have with it bogging sounds like your reeds might be skrewy, have you checked them?

no i havent yet but i was thinking that also. What do you do with the reeds? clean them or just replace them? and their in the intake infront of the carb right?

32;1? like i said... i'v never owned a 2 stroke or had to mix fuel before!! this is my first 2 stroke!!! not to be a dumbass or anything but i really dont know much about these 2 strokes!!lol

jetting problem do you have aftermarket pipe if yes put a 260 main air screw out 1.5 turns from all the way in and have the clip on the 3rd notch and your problem will go away dosent sound like a rebuild problem