Type of oil to use

maxima castor 927, me and some friends have ran it in every 2 stroke weve owned and i dont have one complaint about it and it smells awesome

some guy posted on here once with a piston with like 40 hrs on it and it looked brand new. he ran a 24/1 mix (which probably was mostly the reason) but the piston top looked brand new except for a quarter sized black carbon stain in the center of the piston. any acctual expirience behind that seafoam coment or just what you have heard? I'm not runnin seafoam but I was just curiouse.

Amsoil here as well.I can get all the listed oils but I've used it forever in my cars so I just went with it in the bikes and quads.never used any other type so I can't give an opinion if its better than another but it runs great using 32.1 premix. I too am curious about the seafoam I've used it in high mileage cars with good results.

it wasn't me, but a friend put seafoam in his yz125.
about a week later, his reeds broke. not sure if the seafoam has anything to do with it, but i wont use it.

also why are you going to use seafoam anyways?

Ive had great success with Seafoam in my cars. I dont know if Id use it in my quad, not because Im afraid it will do anything to my engine, but because it will interfere with my jetting, and my ratio.

It would be interesting if anyone HAS ran it before.

In my car, Ive ran a compression test, seafoamed it, then compression tested it again. The compression dropped average 10 psi across the board. That means it took that much carbon buildup off. After I drove it around for a week, I compression tested it again, and it was the same as it was right after I did it the week before, and I seafoamed it again, and it took off 5 more PSI.

Believe it or not, my car ran MUCH better after that. Its a turbocharged car, and I was able to boost more with less knock/knock response from the ECU, and everything just felt better. Cleaner Idle, even made my gas mileage go up.

So, I have no doubt it could clean out a gunked cylinder a bit, just not sure how it will mess with jetting. Cause, when you run that stuff in your car, it makes it smoke like hell. And it bogs down the engine. Im not sure if its bogging cause its running rich or lean I wan to say rich, cause if I rev it up it stays running, but it does bog down and the spark plug is BLACK when youre done.

Anyway, yeah, not sure about seafoaming a 2 stroke, but it IS good stuff in a fuel injected car.

If anyone decides to use it after what I said, you will want to change your spark plugs after you seafoam it. If you have a car that uses platinums or iridiums stock, youll wan to pull them out, and swap in some cheap coppers and swap the more expensive plugs in after you seafoam it.

I run kawachem 2 stroke oil and haven't had any problems with it. I'm sure the oils that cost twice as much if not more are better, but if they only get a few more hours out of a topend, are you really saving money. I've been on the same topend for over 2 years now and just had it apart and the piston and cylinder walls looked fine. Everyone will have their opinion on oils though, you just have to decide what you want to run.

When I got my blaster, the owner handed me about a gallon of Klotz. I burned through that in no time. Problem is that I have no where to get Klotz so I run Super M.

well first off, one can will treat like 20 gallons. i haven't done the math but i shouldn't be having to add a hole lot to each gallon. maybe an ounce or two. so it shouldn't effect the tune of the carb vary much. im not adding the hole can because the can is for a 20 gallon tank not 2.4 gallon. and on the can it says its for 2 strokes, 4 pokes and diesels. and why im going to use it is because my piston is black and only at 15 hours. plus it says it is a lubricant as well. i have 2.5 quarts of free yamalube and the Sea Foam is 10$ a can and should last a long time. but it could not do anything at all and be just a learning experience.

I have had my blaster for 3 yrs, have been running a vittos big bore kit now for 2 years, i have always ran and premixed the cheapest oil on the shelf... I ride my quad hardd. I have yet to have any issues. Its going on 2.5 yrs now on the big bore with cheap oil.

I think oil is oil. As long as it is going in clean, and premixed right. Keep an eye on your engine, checking you plugs and cylinder time to time and maintaining your engine you should have no problems.

have you thought about fixing why your piston is black after that many hours?
there is nothing wrong with my bike, it may be a tad on the rich side but runs great. no bogs, cut outs, fouled plugs. 130 psi comp. idles great. 91 octane. i think it might be the oil (yamalube) it is free so im going to run it, and after i might go to a valvaline brand about 4-5$ a quart. its a 2 stroke, they burn oil which leaves deposits. i think the cheaper the oil the more dirty the engine.

i have ran yamalube in my banshee, there is little deposit on the piston. and i have over 2 years on this top end.