TRX450R Rebuild

Yeah but I really only need to do motor work to this bike. I'm sure I'll have a total of $3500 in it when it's all said and done.

Just bought 4 rebuildable janssen ball joints with extra rebuild kits, motor mount bolt and spacers, and rear brake pads for $150.

Tab is $1,775.

Well the crank that needed rebuilt got shipped off to falicon today. It is a custom crank built by them so I decided to send it back to them for a rebuild. Also ordered a 13.5 to 1 high compression CP piston and top end gasket set. Once the crank gets done I will split the cases and fix whatever is wrong in the trans.

Getting the head decked and epoxy ported with all new +1 valves, springs, seats, and guides is going to be $830! I will be sending that out after the money tree in my back yard drops some more dollars!

Crank rebuild will be between $200 - $500 depending on if it needs a new rod.

4 pokes aren't cheap when doing a big bore stroker build with a good ported head!

Piston & gaskets $250
Shipping the crank $15

Tab $ 2,140

Ya I was gonna say it will be tough to get all the money back. But if you like it, it's worth it.

Yeah $3500 would be tough to get out of an 04. But then again it is long travel, gusseted frame, almost everything aftermarket, and a big bore stroker that should be putting out around 65 USEABLE hp.

I see 450 pretty much stock sell on cl near me for 4500-5500 n ebay modified ones (but nowhere near ur custom build) sell upwards toward 9g . I kno this bc i want one n cant afford one. This thing is sounding sick. Love my 2 stroke but a modified 4 stroke is nice too, can get fuel injected, steady cruising power, ohh man wish u lived closer i wanna see this sweetie.... She a blondie? Lol

I see 450 pretty much stock sell on cl near me for 4500-5500 n ebay modified ones (but nowhere near ur custom build) sell upwards toward 9g . I kno this bc i want one n cant afford one. This thing is sounding sick. Love my 2 stroke but a modified 4 stroke is nice too, can get fuel injected, steady cruising power, ohh man wish u lived closer i wanna see this sweetie.... She a blondie? Lol

You can pick up a piped 04/05 450r around here for around $2,500 in decent shape. Look in Baltimore Craigslist.

I had a big bore kit in my 400ex...it had the hotcam, worked head...all the fixings..

You'll enjoy it when its done. They are a totally different creature than a 2-stroke. But fun none the less!

Well this is a 4 poke, but it's being built to perform like a 2 stroke. I'm doing an early HRC cam (top end cam), +1 valves all around (more top end), and a taper bored FCR carb. Should make max power right at the limiter and power should come on hard in high revs. I think it's funny when the 4 poke guys say they loose some bottom end! I ride a ported banshee, bottom end is for people that are to lazy to shift on don't understand how to ride a top end bike.

It's projected to make between 60-62 hp. I have almost everything I need. With the long rod +3 crank and 97mm bore it makes it a 501cc. Should be pretty nasty.

Well I spent about an hour trying to get the swingarm bolt out so I can take the bottom end out. Needles to say there was a lot of PB blaster and heat involved. Well I beat the chit out of the bolt and of course mauled the threads up. So I just ordered a swingarm pivot rebuild kit. Comes with new bolt, bearings, bushings, and seals. That was $75 shipped.

Also bought an HRC cam for $100 shipped.

I will sell all the leftover parts and subtract them from the tab after the build.

Tab = $2,315