trx 450 shock on my blaster with PICS

Well since 99 wont elaborate on this, I've since got another 450r rear, when buying fronts for both a 300ex and the Blaster. Same # as 99's on the new rear. Offset on the rezzi is way different. 2 11/16 th inch on the # 99 put in. Do your homework when trying to mod a 450r shock folks. They all wont work the same.

I've got about 6 hrs on the bike with the larger offset rezzi, and it is still fine, and I doubt it will ever have an issue, IF I leave it in. I've seen other stuff on the net to confirm the shock in my Blasty is a 450R, but only for the "special edition" 450r.

Check your #'s before you buy, you can make both fit and work, BUT if your young(I'm not) and flyin high, I would get the "00" shock.

Well since 99 wont elaborate on this, I've since got another 450r rear, when buying fronts for both a 300ex and the Blaster. Same # as 99's on the new rear. Offset on the rezzi is way different. 2 11/16 th inch on the # 99 put in. Do your homework when trying to mod a 450r shock folks. They all wont work the same.

I've got about 6 hrs on the bike with the larger offset rezzi, and it is still fine, and I doubt it will ever have an issue, IF I leave it in. I've seen other stuff on the net to confirm the shock in my Blasty is a 450R, but only for the "special edition" 450r.

Check your #'s before you buy, you can make both fit and work, BUT if your young(I'm not) and flyin high, I would get the "00" shock.

Sorry, I never saw your last post. Mine was supposedly off an 04-05 450R I believe. The gap between the frame and rezzie is very close. I took a lot of time grinding that tap vertically as far down to the frame as I possibly could just to play it safe, but it might appear to be less offset. Do you have a pic of both shocks.

The only difference I know of between the shocks are that the 04-05 450R shocks have 9.0 inches of rear travel and the 06-present shocks have 9.3 inches of travel. It's possible they compensated the extra 0.3 inches of travel with a slightly larger rezzie but I don't actually know that.

No pics of them side to side, as the HP12-10 is still in the bike.I never actually measured the entire rezzi on both, just the offset to the center of the shock. The HP12-10 is 3 1/8th, and the HP12-00 is 2 11/16th.

The 7/16th allows you to center the shock and use the Oconner bushing. I/m guessing the large part of the bushing is 1/4 to 3/8th wide? You probably have a pinch more breathing room to the frame with that setup.

Anyway, excellent upgrade, and thanks for the mod writeup. I am just adding to it to keep others in the right direction. Getting the actual stamped # on the shock before purchasing, will help others when doing the mod. I still cant track the stamped shock # to the years, just guessing 04/05 and 06-09.

I'm confused as to why you would use a street bike shock period on an ATV. :-/:D
We use these R1/R6 shocks on all of our yamaha's for Flat track.. 2 Raptor 660's, 1 Banshee and 2 Blaster's. We use them for many reasons.
1. They lower the quads tremendously. (FLAT TRACK) don't use the link.
2. They BOLT ON with just a few shims
3. They are FULLY ADJUSTABLE
4. You can buy parts for them easily
5. They still have plenty of travel and do not bottom out with the right settings
6. They are easily found for a decent price
7. They come in different setups.. Older years have a Horizontal Reservoir while newer years have a Vertical Reservoir and clear things much better.

We use these R1/R6 shocks on all of our yamaha's for Flat track.. 2 Raptor 660's, 1 Banshee and 2 Blaster's. We use them for many reasons.
1. They lower the quads tremendously. (FLAT TRACK) don't use the link.
2. They BOLT ON with just a few shims
3. They are FULLY ADJUSTABLE
4. You can buy parts for them easily
5. They still have plenty of travel and do not bottom out with the right settings
6. They are easily found for a decent price
7. They come in different setups.. Older years have a Horizontal Reservoir while newer years have a Vertical Reservoir and clear things much better.

Well yea I can see that, but a flat track quad isn't an ATV.