8a02c987.jpg

this is just another shot
6913c768.jpg

now im just waiting for the parts from Oconer Racing

17586b6e.jpg

51e011ae.jpg

this is just so you guys can kinda see what it will look like
be05fcd4.jpg

at the top if i take out that 1" bar thing i can but the bottom i got to get the drill bit
but i might have one ill check and post more pohtos about it give me sec

the 400ex does need the oconnor bushings, and was the reason he started making them, and i futher used them for my 450r and my sons 250r shocks
all the honda shocks need a bushing, the eye diameter is smaller than our blaster, and is too hard to drill effectively
the ride height will be the same or very close, and you're gonna luv that shock, rode mine for 2 years before switching to a works ultra cross, or the 450r would still be on my bike
watch the screw that holds the brass nut into the airbox from the bottom,
flip ithe plastics and you'll see, it will try to rub itself thru the rezzie, now is a good time to remove it, just use a larger diameter sheet metal screw to hold the lid on that hole, if you're running a lid
and holler if you need any other help

\/\/ my ride height with the 450r shock
1716-sept-09-3.jpg

Last edited:
thats actually the reason ken came up with the bushings, the smaller hole, and the need to fill the mounts larger hole, i originally used brass for the hole, then washers to fill the gaps beside the eye, then along comes ken and seems he was workin on the same thing, but with mad machining skills and a machine shop to back the idea, combined both needs into one unit
i spent a half a day fabbin sh*t in my garage, kens bushings make the top mount
a 5 minute job

so you have play between the shock and bolt? thats not good it will wear and eventually break the bolt. wait and get the bushings and be sure ther isnt a bunch of play in it. let us know how it rides once u get it all together!!!

you mean you removed the inner bearing race from inside the shock eye ????
i dont suggest that, now the needle bearings are riding on the bolt, prolly gonna wear into the bolt, possibly wiping out the bearings, its spos
softer steel than the very hard race
just get kens bushings, they've proven to be the best way to do this

I road a 450r shock on my blaster. One of the best things i could have done, we're putting one on the new blaster build, they work great!