Triple exhaust ports and what they are.

While the flotek triple port looks better looking down the cylinder, if the jug cannot have a hole any bigger than 1/4" (or whatever it can actually handle) then the pretty hole isn't going to be able to flow any more exhaust out of it.

I have a spare jug out there, I might just try this on it. Even a modest increase would be worth the time and effort.

if you come to busco this year you can ride mine and feel the difference if you like. its nasty for a 209cc engine.

No I don't doubt that the triple exhaust ports are great, only that the prettier more square port that flotek cuts can make a difference (in power output) over a simple round hole when the hole behind that beautiful square port is limited by break-out. The tunnel itself can only be so large... besides being far more attractive, I doubt the beautiful port makes more power.

No I don't doubt that the triple exhaust ports are great, only that the prettier more square port that flotek cuts can make a difference (in power output) over a simple round hole when the hole behind that beautiful square port is limited by break-out. The tunnel itself can only be so large... besides being far more attractive, I doubt the beautiful port makes more power.

the shape and angle of the ports play a big part in a strong engine...thats all im saying on that..

n8t heres a better illustration of what im talking about,instead of having them sharply angled straight into the main port try blending it in like i have the red lines

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 266
i was considering doing more with them but i got burned out on porting and wanted to ride it. every time i touched it i saw room for improvement. it was like an ocd for a week.I will definitely contour them a lil more. Mine are closer to the red line contours you suggested thats why i start back away from the cylinder and cut in sideways before i push for the ports.

gotta give props to whoever attempts this mod ,you guys are brave souls ..it takes a long time to do them right and is very risky to the untrained,i had lots of practice on junk cylinders when i first did them years ago ,i spend about 12 hours doing them on one jug but i do them abit different than most,the port timing and duration is the key to making them perform,having the pressure drop a certain way and time is critical to a wide powerband,just like the banshee cheetah cub you do not want to run the same port timing as you do a single mono exhaust or youll end up getting get a very peaky sudden hit at midrange through topend instead of smooth torque,having the chordial exhaust width gains lots of torque but the sudden drop in pressure and extra port area can hinder the overall efficiency if not done correctly

Last edited:
Reactions: super noober
I need to get a vid of my YT175. N8t, my brother, cut the triples and boyesens. I did the rest of the porting. There was tons of room for improvement... I'm just on the stock pipe, HORRIBLE design. After the triples, and the rest of the porting, it HUALS ASS. That thing is almost identical to a blaster engine, 6mm shorter stroke and skinnier transfers.

Triple ports rock :-D

When you gonna cut my 2nd cylinder? :p

I have a bunch of max bore cylinders I’ve been saving for BB sleeves. I got the next two days off of work and I think I can find some time to drop one in the band saw and cut out a section like the one in the first pic of this thread. Should give you guys a better Idea of how much material you have to work with and what angles are possible. I’ll try to post some pics by Friday.

OK guys I have heard through the grapevine and tater too haha
That CP inc is working on a cylinder for the Blasty based on the 72mm Cheetah DM jug.
You will have to run the DT200 water pump because this jug is water cooled.
Details are sketchy but keep your fingers crossed!
Might I suggest you call or email- (not all at once!) and show some support.
This would be pretty much everything you dream about haha

That CP inc is working on a cylinder for the Blasty based on the 72mm Cheetah DM jug.

i'm not getting my hopes up....but this would be sweet!

that would be pretty cool for sure

paul, i didnt tell you that.. its classified info.

I:I

cutupblastercylinder.jpg

Here's what you got to play with boys. I decided not to use the band saw to cut this cylinder up and went with the Bridgeport instead. Set it up with a long end mill and ran the auto feed while I was doing other things. Not a bunch of material to work with. I like the idea of welding on the outside wall to build the casting up. You won't see me doing these anytime soon. Denny knows his stuff and if it takes him 12 hours to do it.................I'm not going to be able to do it any quicker without designing special jigs and tooling. I was lucky enough to have a aftermarket cylinder in the shop that has the triple exhaust ports cut into it. The ports are almost .500 in diameter.

Reactions: sicivicdude
awesome for posting that!! i was going to ask you what kind of saw/blade you have until i read on...