Triple exhaust ports and what they are.

4974-resized-triple-ports-4.jpg

4973-resized-triple-ports-3.jpg

Thanx Blasterfreek !!how did you blow through? the sides? the top? I always start my bit on the in side of the exhaust around 3/8ths? back from the cylinder wall and cut sideways before pushing towards the triple exhaust port. i start small with like a 3/16 bit.
4976-resized-triple-ports-7.jpg

yes we started in the exhaust opening side, but its tough to figure how far to go in with the bit before blowing out the side.. it does seem that it has to be rounded around the sleeve, and theres not much play room in their

right in here is were i started cutting through the cylinder right above one of the fins,the pictures you have show the same thing,decent size port windows but the port tunnel is choking your exhaust flow because they are so small and the angle they come into the main exhaust port theres not alot of area there,they need to wrap around like the cheetah cub pictures.I just think there are better ways of getting the extra area.

Nate,how far were you able to widen the main exhaust port?The cylinder i did i had to leave the port width stock to get the tunnels that large.

Attachments

• bstr2.jpg
    bstr2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 342
thanx for the green!!I always get scared and constantly check for holes with a super bright led .Ive only done 4 of them so far.just about time for me to make a vid of my technique. . . .

i widened the exhaust about 6or 7mm idk off the top of my head. i'd like to see a vid of ur 200cc triple nasty blasty in action tater! I had no idea these things would run till i watched urs!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: sicivicdude
right in here is were i started cutting through the cylinder right above one of the fins,the pictures you have show the same thing,decent size port windows but the port tunnel is choking your exhaust flow because they are so small and the angle they come into the main exhaust port theres not alot of area there,they need to wrap around like the cheetah cub pictures.I just think there are better ways of getting the extra area.

Nate,how far were you able to widen the main exhaust port?The cylinder i did i had to leave the port width stock to get the tunnels that large.

Touche. If it was myself(granted I haven't done it), I probably would move it about 2 mm closer to the exhaust port itself, then drill in at an angle towards the transfers about 1/2 the way in from the exhaust port. Then take a small angled dremel bit at angle from inside the cylinder and meet the first drilled hole in the middle. This would leave a line that is not straight, but opens up the ability to angle the triple exhaust port out better as opposed to having it be more or less a straight line going out. Might not matter either way, but you could potentially improve it that way. :D

i'd like to see a vid of ur 200cc triple nasty blasty in action tater! I had no idea these things would run till i watched urs!!!!

ill try to get a vid of it running when it is together and i get out on it.. it is somewhat apart for a new swingarm and a arms right now.. its nasty for what it is..it had a +5 swinger on it when i got it and would lift the front 1-3 easily without trying..

Flotek has some vids of one he did on his website if you want to check them out. flotekperformance - Home

I:I

here is a pic of a flotek ported triple exhaust vs. a vitos bigbore cylinder:

triple.jpg

which one you think makes alot more HP?

While the flotek triple port looks better looking down the cylinder, if the jug cannot have a hole any bigger than 1/4" (or whatever it can actually handle) then the pretty hole isn't going to be able to flow any more exhaust out of it.

I have a spare jug out there, I might just try this on it. Even a modest increase would be worth the time and effort.

it was that very flotek pic that gave me general idea of what to shoot for. i give credit to flotek's pic and tater's youtube vids for the idea of it all.

the exhaust outlet area(flange side) compared to the inlet port area are very similar to a triple ports inlet and outlet. my channels behind the ports are just about as tall as the ports themselves.I dont know the formulas or math behind it just an observation. I know it works. it increases the port time area. . .

Touche. If it was myself(granted I haven't done it), I probably would move it about 2 mm closer to the exhaust port itself, then drill in at an angle towards the transfers about 1/2 the way in from the exhaust port. Then take a small angled dremel bit at angle from inside the cylinder and meet the first drilled hole in the middle. This would leave a line that is not straight, but opens up the ability to angle the triple exhaust port out better as opposed to having it be more or less a straight line going out. Might not matter either way, but you could potentially improve it that way. :D

the way i did it was opposite of what you just described i cut the ports out in the liner first,then drilled from the exhaust port until it barely broke through then started shaping it all with carbide.If you guys havent done it yet,get yourselves some aluminum cut carbides in oval and flame shapes,that will save you alot of time cutting them out,regular carbides will take you forever.

the way i did it was opposite of what you just described i cut the ports out in the liner first,then drilled from the exhaust port until it barely broke through then started shaping it all with carbide.If you guys havent done it yet,get yourselves some aluminum cut carbides in oval and flame shapes,that will save you alot of time cutting them out,regular carbides will take you forever.

thats the same way we did it...it was easier to start cutting thru the sleeve then drill to meet it thru the exhaust port

it was that very flotek pic that gave me general idea of what to shoot for. i give credit to flotek's pic and tater's youtube vids for the idea of it all.

the exhaust outlet area(flange side) compared to the inlet port area are very similar to a triple ports inlet and outlet. my channels behind the ports are just about as tall as the ports themselves.I dont know the formulas or math behind it just an observation. I know it works. it increases the port time area. . .

nate,you should try blending those tunnels into the main port alittle more,look at my great illustration at the bottom here of what im talking about.

Last edited:
by the way,does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove just that single fin on each side to reach in there with a tig torch?

For you crazy kidz here's where I get all my bits on the cheap incase someone is looking.
Widget Supply

ive bought a bunch of small carbides off them before,they have a nice selection of aluminum hogs in 1/8in shank aswell.They have some very good bargains,not the greatest quality but very affordable