trans problems.

djbeck88

Sep 14, 2012
Hey guys. New here hope this is the right section. Didn't see thee section for trans problems. I have a blaster that I picked up for $100 that had a bad crank. Ordered a wiseco crank and tore the.motor down. Put the crank in and put it all back together. But.now here's my problem.

Got it put back in. Started it up and it runs. Went to shift to first AMD it stalls out. The clutch is.t grabbing. So I took the cover off and adjusted the clutch internally. Made sire the lever is adjusted with the mark in the case. With the cover off, I can see the clutch discs moving but it won't let me shift the thing and I'm stuck now. Please help.

Sounds like ya may have something together wrong. This could be quite a few things, shift forks bent, or not in the correct spot, something jamming the shift drum, Possibly the drain plug hitting the shift drum missing the copper washer. Bad shift shaft spring? If you can post picks of the shift shaft installed where it meets the shift start wheel could help diagnosis.

May help---
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/blaster-bottom-end-engine-assembly-vid-42889/

Last edited:
It sounds like a clutch not letting go, like ur shifting into first without pulling in the clutch type thing. Make sure u have both clutch push rods n check for the ball in there too. If all that's OK then it gears in ur trans are binding somewhere. U might have to crack the case again n move all the gears by hand while shifting thru the gears to find the binding.

Sounds like ya may have something together wrong. This could be quite a few things, shift forks bent, or not in the correct spot, something jamming the shift drum, Possibly the drain plug hitting the shift drum missing the copper washer. Bad shift shaft spring? If you can post picks of the shift shaft installed where it meets the shift start wheel could help diagnosis.

May help---
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/blaster-bottom-end-engine-assembly-vid-42889/

the shift start wheel? is that the the star ?

Yea I can. It's gotta be something with the clutch. I just can't figure it out.

take the clutch apart, maybe mixed a disc and a plate, or check for both push rods a nd the ball in between them are good.

could also be a warped clutch disc or plate. check them on a flat surface( a peice of glass) or steel bench top.

Im gonna go back through it all again here in a little bit and follow the video from teh same guy that did the bottom end and see if that helps.

Im pretty sure the clutch is shot. I tore it all back down, the second time I put it back together, i was frustrated and forgot the clutch basket nut. never tried to start it like that thank god. But Im gonna get a new clutch ordered and go like that. I was able to adjust it where I could start it and pull the clutch in and pop it into first and take off... so I finally got to ride it for a minute.everything else seems strong!

Im pretty sure the clutch is shot. I tore it all back down, the second time I put it back together, i was frustrated and forgot the clutch basket nut. never tried to start it like that thank god. But Im gonna get a new clutch ordered and go like that. I was able to adjust it where I could start it and pull the clutch in and pop it into first and take off... so I finally got to ride it for a minute.everything else seems strong!

Let me know if a new clutch works for you as my blaster is doing the same exact thing and Im puzzled as to what it is. I just havent had the time to mess with it anymore as I have the cover off many times and Im running out of Yamabond! That stuffs $13 a tube at my local shop lol

Let me know if a new clutch works for you as my blaster is doing the same exact thing and Im puzzled as to what it is. I just havent had the time to mess with it anymore as I have the cover off many times and Im running out of Yamabond! That stuffs $13 a tube at my local shop lol

I will. I should have the kit thursday so friday it will be put in and adjusted. Do you keep splitting the cases? to adjust the clutch and stuff you dont need to split the case. Ive had mine split 3 times now and havent used half the bottle of Yamabond.

I will. I should have the kit thursday so friday it will be put in and adjusted. Do you keep splitting the cases? to adjust the clutch and stuff you dont need to split the case. Ive had mine split 3 times now and havent used half the bottle of Yamabond.

Naw I ripped my old clutch cover gasket and just use yamabond on it rather than buying a new gasket lol. I already have the yamabond and didnt want to wait a few days for it.