trade 07 ltr450 for 03 R6 limited/efi?

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
got a trade offer, I'd LOVE to trade it, they look slow from what I've seen online but his is SUPER clean so I'm not sure if he's actually gonna go thru with the trade lol. I JUST sent him bigger pix and a few vids. but I'm wondering if there's any issues these are notorious for or if it's a solid bike. can I just drop in an R1 motor and stuff later too?

I figure smaller bike plus bigger motor would = fast. plus I saw another guy has an 03 with the 05+ R6 front end complete and it's probably a bolt on far as I know, but still, I just love how clean and the color scheme is. these are pix of the actual bike the guy sent me.

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_4.jpg

imagepng_2.png

I'm not too worried about power/speed as it'll be my 1st sport bike anyway if I do get it... but eventually I'd love to add more power, hell, I may even get power hungry soon as I get to riding it... I'm small so I think a smaller framed bike would be good. I may have to sweeten the deal but we'll see. looking for opinions and to find negatives on the 03 r6 efi bikes... cross posting on a few of the forums to reach max exposure before I commit (IF he commits lol)

Change the silncer its aftermarket but its tooooo huge put a hmf muffler on it I have had plenty of experiencecwith the ninjas the ninja 1,000 and the r1

That r6 will be far from slow. Not like an r1 but if its your first sport bike you will be plenty happy. 0-100mph will be real quick. Dont let the fact that its a 600 fool you, it will hurt you.

for your first street bike, a 600 will be plenty. i've ridden one (only bike i've really been on) but it was enough to get you into trouble, and as mmajay said, enough to get you hurt

for SURE it's enough to DIE on, I know of a guy who died on a STOCK moped drunk hitting a edit: "PARKED" car, he was 30... I had a friend in high school who died in a car crash RACING a stock 4 banger on the way to school, UPHILL I believe it was an old mazda.

I KNOW it's not a good idea, I've been riding my 750 v twin cruiser for maybe 6 months and that's not daily. so I'm thinking IF I DO go thru with it, I'm only going to ride it MAYBE once a week or so. but I'm strongly reconsidering since he wants cash as well now...

Last edited:
this is my cruiser :D

viragoStar4.jpg

viragoStar2.jpg

I'm thinking a good solid year of riding would be nice before running a sport bike, HERE there's not far to go, so it's not like I'm going to ride anything very far like a freeway for an hour or so. so I'm not AS worried about comfort but my bobber project bike is pretty uncomfortable now that I shaved the seat lol

that's my only real gripe with a sport bike, is my hands and shoulders hurt after just half an hour on one.

sounds like you have a handle on it, that 600 i got to throw a leg over would definitely get out of its own way

huh, has a GPR stabilizer and it's lowered and has a slip on I think micron high exhaust.

has 19,000 miles on it, and it's not as cherry as I thought. and he wants $1100 + my bike... I know he has matching gear, gloves, helmet, jacket and shoes (he's my size) and those things that flip under the wheels to hold the bike still and I guess lift it and roll it around?

so I'm kinda over it. IF I sell my 22 AR15 I could swing the cash but it has cracks in the rear tire and the front rim looked to have a bend like it hit a curb head on at one point or a pothole I suppose... anyway, feeling like I'm getting a shaft on the deal so I'm kinda over it. plus he wants my aluminum loading ramps...