tors elimination

gmuck

Jan 19, 2009
has anyone used the vitos eliminator kit does it come withe directions as far as removing the control box r there any other parts needed any help would b great

I used that kit. I dont recall whether it gives instructions for removing the box, but you can pretty much just unplug it and be fine once the carb is modded. It will have everything you need to remove the tors and ride.

I used the vitos system and its far from flawless, The cable they give you is way too big. The idle screw doesn't seem to stay locked in place unless you use threadlock ...personally i would never drill a whole in my carb again. gonna go back to the old system but just remove the tors brain.

go to the dealer and get an idle screw that's a thumb screw with the spring. that setup works much better

You have to cut grind down the spot you but the idle screw. I got the montion pro kit it was a good one. But the have two kits one with the idle screw and one with out.

There are eliminator kits on the market? What would be the point in buying a kit over just doing what they tell you to do on here? Does it not idle correctly or something?

the kit eliminates the large box on top of the carb and puts an idle screw onto the side of the carb

the main reason for eliminating it is the system will malfunction and cause a lot bunch of problems, but if its not giving you any issues, there's no real reason to eliminate it

I also just eliminated my tors using motion pro.. The only thing ismy engine would not start before i removed it when the tors was unhooked. But it would run if i unhooked it while it was runing.. Now that the tors is eliminated it wont start.. what should I do? I was thinking it maybe had to have a complete circut top start but I'm getting spark and can hear it get gas .. I'm just lost on what to do with the extra tors wires if I should do anything because I know something needs to be done.. Just not sure what.

I figured it out I just snipped the wires off the thumb throttle and tors system and spliced them together and plugged them in to where tors was hooked up.. it started right up.

i just took the switch/button out of the throttle and tapped it within the wire assembly under my front plastic. As for the one under the gas tank with the idle screw, i just disconnected the wires from it and taped that with the ones ones that go to the plug. it works fine. Also rebuilt the top end with a new wisco piston and threw on some v-force reeds. Just idle it so far. got dark and dont wanna upset the neighboors.

Also, I did grind the screw hole down til its flat for the locking screw. thing i may locktite it or put a lockwasher in there or a spring like the fuel adjustment screw on my weedwacher. it keeps that from vibrating out. And the new throttle cable that comes with the kit is a little lenghty? anyone agree (vitos kit) is it the same lenghth as the stock cable? i didnt measure them up together....should have.

I figured it out I just snipped the wires off the thumb throttle and tors system and spliced them together and plugged them in to where tors was hooked up.. it started right up.

I was just going to ask if you got to the circuit in the thumb throttle LOL......

Good to hear you got it figured out and running...................