Too big for a blaster?

bec1488

Oct 7, 2009
So I've been thinking about picking up a cheaper four wheeler lately to play around on the trails... A blaster seems like it would be pretty fun for a reasonable price, but are they too small for an adult?

I'm about 5'11 and 180lbs, how big are you and do you wish you had bought a larger bike?

Thanks for any input!

im 6'3 and 210lbs...i love my blasty..lol its just a toy,bc i have enough money into cars so the blasty is the lil trial rider,i dont spend big $$ on quads anymore..so i settled on a less expensive one..and its fun.

me on my 01...man i regret trading it.. but i think i fit well..
7421_1194363350283_1564428406_50703.jpg

Last edited:
6' 230lbs. With my bars raised 2",wheels flipped,and my swinger stretched 3" it feels fine.

6'4" 300 pounds.. my blaster is built for me with the steering stem and swing arm but i love the way my blaster rides. i fit on my 400ex a little better b.c the seats bigger but other then that i think the blaster is a great bike.

I am 6'3" and 190 pounds.I fit fine on my Blaster.However I run no front fenders and that provides me with the extra knee room.My Blaster also has a +4 Swinger and a EX 400 rear shock which adds a little height.Blaster are great fun for people of all sizes and ages.

5'10" 280# and love it! i am down on power in the dunes and open areas but for $1500 i can be close to my friends in power and have a simple, durable, reliable, and fun machine. i think of the blaster as the crf50 of the atv world. yeah it is a little small but you can man-handle it and build it to suite your needs for a reasonalbe amount of money. besides when we go to the mountains in the tight single-track my friends have trouble following me!

damn! a lot of tall and bigger sized guys riding blastys....im 6' 160 i feel like a giant! although i do ride a banshee now. when i was about 15 or 16 i rode my blaster and felt just fine, but i was a lot lighter and shorter then. probly 5'9 or 10" and around 120-140....i almost bought my g/f a blaster....shes the same size as me...she looked huge on a blaster, so she learned to ride on a banshee, she loved that!!!!! had all kinds of fun.

for a small nimble machine, blasters are fun. light, cheap, reliable...as long as your having fun, all that matters. just modify it and build it so your comfortable. makes a world of difference for sure.

i'm 6' 220 , i've had big quads before i loved the size of the blaster so now i only ride blasters

6'3" and 165 and I love it!! 4 pokes are for lazy people that never touch there bike and ride them into the ground. Its a great trail bike but you can build it for whatever you want really drag, jumping, race, trail its all good

Ia m 6' 225 lbs
I like the blaster i can ride with me and my 8 yer old daughter and i am good
I like that u can just pick it up and throw it in the truck and go.
Put 3 or 4 in swing arm on a handlebar risers and go
HAve fun with it