todays ride & carnage !

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
tried to go for a ride today, finally got my son to get free from work and the va-jj vaccuum he's been in lately, LOL,
and my neighbor matt in the rhino660

I didn't make it 20 yards into the woods when i goosed it,
and the KOR power I:I did this..........

snapped :eek:
2db03tv.jpg

this was not the master link, it is still intact, this was a Factory Spec brand, 520 o-ring banshee chain, with 8200 lb. tensile strength, on very good condition sprockets, with about 4 rides on it, i still hadn't even needed to re-tighten it yet ?
prolly good i run a case saver, as i can see where it smacked it good.

i'm not convinced this new found carnage had anything to do with it ???
as i see no abnormal wear on the rear sprocket...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

i'll be placing a call to RAD MFG. first thing monday morning.

needless to say my bike stayed home today, and i rode in the rhino while my son rode his blaster.
i have a complete spare rear end, just for these occasions.
guess i'll be swapping my g-force axle into that stock carrier this week

we also did a little trail clearing
(braaaptor will remember this trail)............

2vx1tet.jpg

10 minutes later.............

280jfyp.jpg

/\/\/\ my personal lumberjack, and baby bulldozer

and a little vid of the rhino "rough ridin"..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooops! Damn, that sucks! I was waiting on Speedy to break something on your Blaster last time he took it out, but it looks like your engine did it instead! Lol. At least ya didnt bust out a case!

Trail looks great! I don't know how you PA boys put up with those Poulan chainsaws. Id be dead from all the vibes if I had to cut more than a couple limbs with one. :D Y'all need a Stihl MS 192T to stick in the back of the Rhino for these kinda jobs.

Now go get your bike fixed so I can see some more pics of cleared trails!

we cleared that whole trail nick, all 5-6 of them huge treetops the loggers left, she's clear sailing now !!!!

and i told him before what you said about that poulan, although he did just put an "oregon brand" chain and bar on it from tractor supply
thing cut like butter today, they must of had some play stuff on it from poulan, it didn't cut this good brand new

I was waiting on Speedy to break something on your Blaster last time he took it out, !

if i can't break it, speedy sure isn't going too !!!

Damn bro you got lucky!!!

Make any pretty sounds as it ground to a halt?!?!?!

nope, threw the chain clear, and barely even rev'd, as i noticed the loss of power immedieatly and left off the throttle

My Blaster broke a chain exactly as yours did, not at the master link, one link side failed, shortly after I dropped the 250 into it.

225869_10150236711910803_173450_n.jpg

Cannot find a picture of the broken link.

I was opening her up across a long field road when BANG, engine shut down.
She dropped the front wheels to the ground and pitched me forward but the rear was free and coasting.

Chain was DID "O"ring I believe, but was rusty as I received it, and had stiff spots in it.
Alignment is always a worry with a swap, and could be an issue with your carrier problem.
Had a buggar of a problem getting the swingarm bolt out. Now I put in the opposite way, with the nut on the sprocket side.
I run a case saver too now.

577964_10150946178720803_1550763841_n.jpg

Damn bro. Did some good carnage there. Standing by to hear what rad says about their carrier.

Damn bro. Did some good carnage there. Standing by to hear what rad says about their carrier.

unfortunetly i did not buy this directly from RAD, but fortunetly i only paid $50 used, and not $199 retail, then get stiffed on any, if at all, warranty
i will still be seeing what they have to say about this

as far as i can see, the 2 thick mounting tabs, that were supposed to hold the actual bearing carrier into place, are just press fit onto the tube, it is funny (triangular/oblonged) shaped to prevent rotation of the tube in the tabs

then the cross tubes are welded to each plate to lock it all together,
there is zero welds from those 2 thick plates onto the bearing tube at all, and that is where the fault lies in these carriers
as soon as any wear occurs, it must quickly multiply, wearing those aluminum tabs until you see what happens above in the vid

this carrier was fine 3 weeks ago, before my ride, i went over every nut and bolt and adjustment with a fine tooth comb,
this was my first ride since, so this had to happen over the 3 day period of my ride

Are there any teeth marks in your chain from my bumper?? lol I have never seen a chain snap like that!!

LOL...no teeth marks
chain still looks brand new....KOR power !!!!!I:I

ordered these tires for my buddy matt,
pretty nasty tire ....Interco Reptiles, got all 4 for $378
w/ free shipping from traxx motorsports
took him this morning to get the "new shoes" put on,
I know the owner of the tire shop, he wasn't there so I had to "sweet talk" his 400lb. daughter, LOL,
but got all 4 tires swapped on with new valve stems for only $20
and of course we had to take it out for a test spin......

old vs, new...........
30jtilh.jpg

2h5kv8l.jpg

2rorhug.jpg

and a shaky ass vid of the rhino rock crawlin and muddin......

Last edited by a moderator: