Tires ?!?!? Help!

WillieL

Jul 29, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Hey Its time for me to get new tires. but I am stuck between two sizes. I do a lot of riding around local tracks where I have to do a lot of sliding and drifting. However, I've started to do some trail riding and I think that i might not be getting enough Clearance under my my Sprocket and Disk Brake. Right now Im running 18x9.50-8 in the back. I have to Chose between 18x10-8 which i know are great racing and drifting tires. or the 20x11-8 which I know will give me 2 more inches of Clearance in the back but I feel like the will not let me slide enough. Any tips? THANK YOU GUYS!

of course the 18's seem to be the choice for tracks, but definately the 20's are kings in the trails,
as for sliding, i have no problem flickin the ass end around anywhere with 20's with 13/40 gearing, i also run 22's up front for added trail clearnece

ultimately you'd need a set of both, but if you have to make a choice,
i'd go 20's, and run different gearing on the track
20's and 18's can be made to do the same thing with gearing changes

20 only give you 1 more inch of clearance over 18s
I used to sun 20s and they driff good now i run 22s and they are huge !

Nuno

20 only give you 1 more inch of clearance over 18s

x2 I'm running 18's and I ride only trails. Yeah it's not the best option but it is only a slight inconvience and most potential hang up's can be avoided by paying attention to the trail conditions ahead.

I wish they made some 19" tires haha

Yea haaha 19's would be good! i still might got with 18 only cause i feel like They will make me handle better coming up fast to a turn or something you know? and coming off of jumps. the only time i bottom out in the trails is with rocks and like he said ^ stuff could be avoided as long as you pay attention.

If you run 18's in the rough stuff I "HAVE TO" ride in, i'll be doing lots of waiting for you !

iv run 21's 22's and 18's iv got the 18's on it now and thats all im gonna run in the back with 20's on the front but i did have 21's in the front not to long ago but they looked way too big synce i had the 18's in the back

Yea thats something too i might stick with 18s and get 20s in the front. yea with 18s they will be waiting for me in the trails. but once we get to the track ill be looking back in my dust to find them. I think it makes a big difference. I'm just worried about clearance. through a shallow river, with a bunch of rocks. or if they're is a big sick in the way. i don't know i think I'm just going with 20s. i really don't know haha. but thanks guy.

You can get tires in a 19.I just ordered some veerubber vrm330r venom racing 2 in a 19x11x9which is a 6 ply large knob trail tire.Ebay has them in a set of 4 with this size and a 6ply 20x10x7 front for about 240.If you look I think you can still find some holeshots in this size to but I think they stopped making them.The new raptor 250 come stock with the 19 inch which is the bike that replaced the blaster.But I have not seen them for an 8 inch rim.

here is a link.

J R Graham Powersports

Last edited:
Hey Its time for me to get new tires. but I am stuck between two sizes. I do a lot of riding around local tracks where I have to do a lot of sliding and drifting. However, I've started to do some trail riding and I think that i might not be getting enough Clearance under my my Sprocket and Disk Brake. Right now Im running 18x9.50-8 in the back. I have to Chose between 18x10-8 which i know are great racing and drifting tires. or the 20x11-8 which I know will give me 2 more inches of Clearance in the back but I feel like the will not let me slide enough. Any tips? THANK YOU GUYS!

if u do more track riding, go wit the 18's more trail, go with 20's. i run 18's with 13/40 gearing on tracks, and sometomes i wish i had more clearence from when the track is freshly grooved or from other ruts and burms. i would go with the 20 if i were u if u do a lot of trails

You can get tires in a 19.I just ordered some veerubber vrm330r venom racing 2 in a 19x11x9which is a 6 ply large knob trail tire.Ebay has them in a set of 4 with this size and a 6ply 20x10x7 front for about 240.If you look I think you can still find some holeshots in this size to but I think they stopped making them.The new raptor 250 come stock with the 19 inch which is the bike that replaced the blaster.But I have not seen them for an 8 inch rim.

here is a link.

J R Graham Powersports

I thought I would post an update on these tires.I received the newer version which are not like the one in the link but even better.I got them in a 19x11x9 these tires are sick.IMO better than the razor.6ply with faat knobs designed for hardcore trail racing.I think there going to last a whileI:I

Vee Rubber Venom Racing 2 Tires And DWT EVO Wheels Ride Review - YouTube

Thanks guys. I ended up getting 20" and yes they are a little bit and don't let me slide AS much. But i absolutely love them. I definitely like 20" better than 18"