Tires ?!?!? Help!

Ohh crap, I was not aware of that, I had better change my riding style.

But hang on there, I have been doing that since I was 16yrs old, and not one blown motor.

Yeah IDK.I ride my blaster pretty hard as well and no blown motor.But yet on the strait away I dont hold it wide open or if it feels like its realy reving for long periods of time Ill back off a bit and get back on it.

I think I'll get tires a little later into the season, were those tires the only kind back when my blaster was made ('00)? What tires would you guys reccomend? I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Holeshots. How are they quality wise? and price wise?

I think I'll get tires a little later into the season, were those tires the only kind back when my blaster was made ('00)? What tires would you guys reccomend? I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Holeshots. How are they quality wise? and price wise?

I like the holeshots.I only went with veerubbers this time because I could not find the holeshot I wanted in a 19.The holeshot hd is what I wanted but only come in a 20 and 22 I believe.

What do the different numbers mean? I know that the last one is the wheel diameter, bu what are the first two?
The tire size I sellected is a 19x11x9.The first number is the tires outer diameter x width x last number being the rim size.The price range for a couple good back tires will be about 150ish a pair.If your running stock rim size its 8x8.I switched from stock and went with banshee rear hubs for more rim and tire selection and I am running a 9x9 rear rim.If you descide to go with an 18 inch tire I would stay with an 8inch rim.

imo 6 ply tires are a waste of power. i have ran my 2 plys through some pretty gnarley stuff with no punctures, and with them being so light the quad is just 10x more fun to ride.

all im sayin is unless your main riding is 1st or 2nd gear puttin through trails meant for 4x4's then 6 plys seems un-necessary.

I got my new wheels mounted.They are the 6 ply.I mensioned before I would post the difference in weigt.The holeshots 2ply 18 inch came out to 16.16lbs and the 19inch veerubbers mounted on the itp baja came out to 21lbs.Added weight per wheel was 5lbs.Really nothing to make a difference.The 19 is performing better threw out the gear range.
7253-p6170010.jpg
[/IMG]I:I