Tire Size? Rim Size?

FasterBlaster22

Jan 11, 2008
Boston Ny
This has probally been talked about before but I need some help. I plan on doing woods racing or mx in the summer and I need some help with tires im running bald stock one now. I have my mind set on razrs. I ride mostly trails but like I said I want to start racing. My buddy has 18in razr mx but they seem to small and have very little ground clearence. I was kind of thinking of 20in razrs but I would like your input on size, Tire, and rim size. Thanks

I do some XC racing w/ my '98 and I run Kenda Klaw XC(6ply) 22x11x8 on the rear and regular Razr(6ply) 23x7x10 to get as much ground clearance as possible. I ride in Missouri alot and theres tons of rocks and mud, so ground clearance is a necessity. I'm thinking about going with a 12 tooth front sprocket to try to get more low end for the tight stuff. If you are gonna do woods racing, the key is the 6 ply, especially in back. It's hard to finish a race if you cant keep air in the tires, LOL! Hope this helps.

22's and 23's might be a tad to big for mx. Get some 20x11x8 kenda klaw xc. Those should work fine for both trail and mx racing.

Flyers is right, if you're doing mx you wont need to worry as much about 6 ply, 4 ply will work and you won't have to go so big because ground clearance won't be an issue at all. I only know about xc because, at 29 years old and only been ridin a couple years, I'm too old to be jumping 20 feet in the air, my bones break easier now, LOL! Like Flyers said, those 20x11x8 would probably be real good for both.

just get the kenda klaws or razrs, 20x11x8 for you id go for the klaws because you might woods race too and the treads are better for woods than razrs, also klaws are 6 ply

yep.. kendas are pretty good tires.. and not high priced and over rated like razrs go to rockymountainatv.com and check on prices.. get a good deal on a tire/wheel package