Tire advice and recomendations

Newtoblastys

Aug 6, 2012
I'm running stock round top 22x11-8 tires on the back of my bike that have a few punctures on the sidewalls. looking for some flat tread profile tires that aren't outrageously expensive (120 budget). Wanting to drop down to a 20 inch tire. I slide around a lot and mainly ride trails. Stock 8x8 rims Any advice on that tire to go with? Anybody know any good deals? Thank you to all who reply

It's going to be very difficult to get into a new pair of rear tires for under $120. The only way to manage that is to watch the for sale section for someone parting out a quad and snag the rear tires and rims and that's kind of a "take what you can get" deal there.

I run 20" kenda Klaw XCR's on the back of my quad but I've also had Maxxis RAZR's on there. Both perform well although the RAZR's were used when I got them and the Kenda's were new. The kenda's have always had more bite to them (not sure if its the age of the tire or pattern) in the woods and sloppy stuff. They're about $160 new for a pair on Ebay.

Where you located? I got a bunch of tires many good ones but if your not reasonably close shipping will probably be crazy. You can shoot me a pm but i wont respond until wednesday, GOIN RIDIN!!!!!!

As far as other options i see them all the time on my local craigslist. I once got a set off a guy who was selling his blaster, gave him $80 plus my bald tires on rims for his good ones and he sold the quad with bald tires lol.

I also found a set of banshee rims and tires very cheap, so i bought banshee hubs (makes banshee wheels fit the blaster) when it was all said and done i had $100 into 4 newish itp holeshots with itp rims.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the look of the 18 they just don't seem at home on a blaster to me. But if the price is right I might do it and I'm in Oklahoma.

what size tires do u ride in da front? on the back i ride 18x11.00-8 and on the front i have 19x6-10 mx tires and time for new ones (new to the forum n wanting to know if i could ride another size or just stick with the same size)

what size tires do u ride in da front? on the back i ride 18x11.00-8 and on the front i have 19x6-10 mx tires and time for new ones (new to the forum n wanting to know if i could ride another size or just stick with the same size)

i run 22's up front with 20's in the rear
where i ride, all the ground clearence you can get works best
you can run 19, 20, 21 or 22's up front

iv got kenda klaws xmr or whatver they are called and i bought them used and i like them alot and ix got holeshots up front now bus i will soon have rzrs up front tire size 18/10/9 20/6/10