New and first owner. Need advice Thx!

NJ_DevilsFan

Aug 25, 2017
Good Morning Blaster Community.

First off I have to say I'm thankful for finding this forum and used many of threads for advice and support. I just picked up my first ever ATV which is my 2001 Yamaha Blaster. Just want some advice or more knowledge about a few things from the experts in here. I will admit, I'm a novice and willing to learn more about my blaster. With that being said, Are blasters known for having a weak bottom end while driving up hills or roads (no more than 2nd gear). 2nd question is my blaster is fully stock and was curious what would be some good aftermarket marks to make it look nice and faster (any suggestions just list them out). The 3rd and final question is would getting a 21x10x8 tire too big, has anyone on here ran a set of rears similar?

Let me know and thanks

Good Morning Blaster Community.

First off I have to say I'm thankful for finding this forum and used many of threads for advice and support. I just picked up my first ever ATV which is my 2001 Yamaha Blaster. Just want some advice or more knowledge about a few things from the experts in here. I will admit, I'm a novice and willing to learn more about my blaster. With that being said, Are blasters known for having a weak bottom end while driving up hills or roads (no more than 2nd gear). 2nd question is my blaster is fully stock and was curious what would be some good aftermarket marks to make it look nice and faster (any suggestions just list them out). The 3rd and final question is would getting a 21x10x8 tire too big, has anyone on here ran a set of rears similar?

Let me know and thanks

21/10-8 is stock rears

Reactions: NJ_DevilsFan
Full FMF exhaust system. Remove air box lid, Remove TORS, re-chamber head. Extended A-arms and aftermarket front shocks, Aftermarket rear shock or do the 400EX shock upgrade.

Download the service manual, parts catalog is you haven't already.
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

Buy a leak tester if you haven't already.
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/leakdown-testers.55015/

20/11-10 on my blaster. Lots of room as I'm running a +3 swing arm and after marked heal guards.

Wheel on the left.
DSCN4640.jpg

Loads of clearance for bigger tyres.
DSCN4755.jpg

Also read as much as you can on this website. :)

Last edited:
The Blaster makes it best power up high in the rpms. that is where you will find the power to climb hills.

It also came stock with the balloon tires which have no sidewall so they did not get as close to the heel guards as square profile tires.

One thing you can do to the Blaster is flip the front rims with the valve stem on the inside, it will make the front end wider and more stabil.