This is what I call a lack of effort

He could have grabbed it... and got killed getting drug down that hill with his quad. When it rolls, you try to stay clear so you can live long enough to pick up all the pieces. If it rolls with you on it (or you're dumb enough to try and jump in the way and grab it) you may not get the luxury.

He could have grabbed it... and got killed getting drug down that hill with his quad. When it rolls, you try to stay clear so you can live long enough to pick up all the pieces. If it rolls with you on it (or you're dumb enough to try and jump in the way and grab it) you may not get the luxury.

While this is true, the quad's momentum was almost dead up at the top. All he had to do was push on it with one hand and it wouldn't of went anywhere.

Instead he just sat there and watched it start rolling and pick up momentum.

and if that were me i wouldnt of tryed to grab the quad but i would have been crying as i watched it roll down the hill falling closer to the ground with each bounce til i was on my knees praying to God that it would be ok

and if that were me i wouldnt of tryed to grab the quad but i would have been crying as i watched it roll down the hill falling closer to the ground with each bounce til i was on my knees praying to God that it would be ok

The funniest part is that video probably only showed half the carnage. It probably ended up rolling down the rest of the hill. I:I

Dude, it ran out from under him another 10 feet up the hill. It would have taken superman to run up that hill and stop the quad at the apex it's climb (when it had no momentum). By the time it got back past him it had already rolled over once and was working on a second flip. It was physics at that point. Had he reached for it, it would have dragged him down the hill flailing and stomping him the whole way.

The only move he had as soon as the quad's front tires came off the ground was to let off the throttle and try to let it settle and then hit it again before he lost all momentum. Even the most experienced hill climbers have trouble finding the correct balance of on throttle, off-throttle, and momentum. It's evidenced by all the video's on youtube of hill climbers bikes sliding back down hills....

Dude, it ran out from under him another 10 feet up the hill. It would have taken superman to run up that hill and stop the quad at the apex it's climb (when it had no momentum). By the time it got back past him it had already rolled over once and was working on a second flip. It was physics at that point. Had he reached for it, it would have dragged him down the hill flailing and stomping him the whole way.

The only move he had as soon as the quad's front tires came off the ground was to let off the throttle and try to let it settle and then hit it again before he lost all momentum. Even the most experienced hill climbers have trouble finding the correct balance of on throttle, off-throttle, and momentum. It's evidenced by all the video's on youtube of hill climbers bikes sliding back down hills....

I've seen plenty of them stop quads in those situations and that hill wasn't even that steep. It rolled another 10ft up the hill, but the quad is 6ft long.....by the time it rolled backwards, it's 4ft away and the dude made absolutely zero effort whatsoever to even reach out and attempt to stop it.

I know I sure as hell am not sitting by and just idlely watching my Blaster roll down the hill into a billion pieces.......hell I'll go ahead and roll over with it a couple times before I let it go.

We'll chalk it up to survival of the fittest...

I'll let my quad roll all the way down and stand at the top of the hill laughing while yours stomps you all the way down...

We'll chalk it up to survival of the fittest...

I'll let my quad roll all the way down and stand at the top of the hill laughing while yours stomps you all the way down...

I wouldn't roll all the way to the bottom with it. I'll take some possible bruises and scratches for the quad.......but I'm not going to die for it. I:I

That's exactly what the quadriplegic said right before trying to stop a quad from rolling down a hill....

I'm wouldn't chance it man... then again I have a problem going up and down extremely steep hills. I have, on occasion, gone around a hill I didn't like the looks of, either really slick AND roots hanging out or just far too steep to recover if anything like what happened in that video happened. I just shy away from steep, long grades in general but if anything I'm riding dumped me off and then did start tumbling down a hill, I would let it go.

That's exactly what the quadriplegic said right before trying to stop a quad from rolling down a hill....

I'm wouldn't chance it man... then again I have a problem going up and down extremely steep hills. I have, on occasion, gone around a hill I didn't like the looks of, either really slick AND roots hanging out or just far too steep to recover if anything like what happened in that video happened. I just shy away from steep, long grades in general but if anything I'm riding dumped me off and then did start tumbling down a hill, I would let it go.

I don't usually dick with hills either, but even so, that hill isn't that steep.......it's just really long. I can tell it's not that steep because there are weaving trails going up the side of it where people were just casually riding up it. The whole quad didn't pick up a lot of momentum until about halfway down when it started cartwheeling. My analogy is just a ball rolling down a hill.........you can stop it even if it's rolling down, but once it has momentum it's a no go and you can't stop it. Then again, I can bench press my Blaster so I guess I just feel confident in being able to wrangle it in if things go haywire.

i hope you can bench that thing they only weigh like 300 lbs with everything full.
either way its just a bunch of rebuildable sh*t, let it tumble and hope its on camera so you can see where all the pieces go

i hope you can bench that thing they only weigh like 300 lbs with everything full.
either way its just a bunch of rebuildable sh*t, let it tumble and hope its on camera so you can see where all the pieces go

Uhhhh........bent axle, broke spindles, bent A-arms, bent frame, busted swingarm, bent rims, broken steering stem, bent bars, etc, etc............not exactly cheap. You might as well just throw your quad in the garbage and buy a new one.