this can't be good

xJust_Causex

Apr 14, 2010
york, Illinois
Well I did some riding yesterday, and when I was running it pretty hard, and when it would rev up to the top of the motor it would make a wield sound, I'm guessing that it is detenation, but I'm not really sure. I don't really know how to explain it, it wasn't really a pinging, but sounded more like it was backfireing when I get a water puddle hard, and get water in the electrical. This is the first that it has ever done this, and this is the hottest it has been when I was riding and I was riding hard, (110 or so heat index). Any ideas?

are you jetted correct?

are you using the highest oct fuel available

remember the hotter the outside temp the richer your bike will run

haven't had any jetting issues yet, I'm only running 89 and I think that is what the problem was, I was running the motor hard in the sand so it was really hot and the temp outside didn't help.

i always run premium fuel and klotz oil....

could be just low oct fuel could be a tuning issue

id get some premium and do a once over on some tuning

like plug chop to make sure jetting is good

maybe a leakdown test and some carb adjusting

clean airfilter you know just the basic shizznit

I haven't had any problems running 89 until now, but it also hasn't been this hot, and I really haven't been running it this hard, playing hard in the woods is alot different than playing hard in the sand.

Ya I think I'm gonna just get some 93 and try that at first, this thing as been ran hard for 2 months and haven't had any problems, but like I said this is the hardest it has been ran since I was in the sand, and its the hottest by far since I have been riding it.

the first time i blew up my blaster i had been runnin 93 all the time and a buddy of mine suggested running 89 so I tried it. it was hot as balls out and I was running the hell out of it to catch a couple of guys that had a five minute head start on the trail. I caught them of course but after I shut it down it wouldn't restart. I towed it in and pulled it apart when I got home. I melted the exsaust side of the piston and burnt up the bottom end rod bearing. there were probably more factors than the 89 octain but I will still never run it with anything less than 93 again.

you guys get sunoco 94 down there.... thats what i run in even my trailboss atvs and weed eaters.. but if i told you what we have to pay in canada youd never believe me... sometimes im paying $1.15 A LITRE!!!!!! thats in the $4.50 area for gallon i believe.....

If I had to guess..the dirtbag i bought this blaster from ran the cheapest stuff he could find in it before i got it...

you guys get sunoco 94 down there.... thats what i run in even my trailboss atvs and weed eaters.. but if i told you what we have to pay in canada youd never believe me... sometimes im paying $1.15 A LITRE!!!!!! thats in the $4.50 area for gallon i believe.....

If I had to guess..the dirtbag i bought this blaster from ran the cheapest stuff he could find in it before i got it...

good old sunoco 94 is what i run... lol they really get u for that extra 1oct rating

they never have 94 here in florida or I would be all over it. I don't care if it's $10 a gallon if it makes my blaster last longer between builds.

my blaster runs on all of the different octane gases. 87, 89. and 93. i usually run 89 but this weekend i ran a whole tank through the blaster and it was 87. it was hot here to. not a single problem.

good ol 87 works fine for me. parents are too cheap to buy anything else and i'm not paying for gas just to get higher octane

just so you know, heat index like wind chill has no effect on jetting. it just effects living things. also not all sunoco's have 94.

and a blaster with just a pipe should run good on 89 or 91 octane. i would check other things, like dirty filter, bad plug, clogged jet.

also too high of octane is not good for your engine. it will actually hurt performance. as the higher the octane, the slow it burns.

just so you know, heat index like wind chill has no effect on jetting. it just effects living things. also not all sunoco's have 94.

and a blaster with just a pipe should run good on 89 or 91 octane. i would check other things, like dirty filter, bad plug, clogged jet.

also too high of octane is not good for your engine. it will actually hurt performance. as the higher the octane, the slow it burns.

You can buy as high as of octane you want, you just have to rejet for like 110.....called Renegrade in my area

ya you can put turbo blue in your stock blaster (115 octane) but it will actually make less power than say 89.
you can also jet for the higher octane, but if your engine is setup for it, like have higher compression (both ratio and static) it wont matter.