The YFZ Animal

Those are stock plastics that I masked and hit with a sand blaster for a gloss and matte finish. With my graphics kit it should give me a two tone border to accent everything. Just something I wanted to try for fun and thought it would look cool.

Jetting is right now. My glow stops around 3-4" off the head which is near perfect for these. This was just a freebee from a buddy that let me strap it to some drums for fun. Only insturment we hooked up was for the rpms. Titanium valves are pretty hard to burn up.
Ok , that's youre decision ..just sayin.. again.

Took it down to our playground this weekend. Nothinh but hill climbs and jumps. It ran great, I was climbing anything I wanted in 4th gear with plenty of power to spare. Still a little popping on deceleration when I am off the gas completely but one more trip through the carb and that should be tuned out. I will try to get current pictures when I get home tonight

Reactions: PRChrist
Not finished but current pictures

Attachments

• 20141005_173632.jpg
    20141005_173632.jpg
    896.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 20141005_173625.jpg
    20141005_173625.jpg
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 20141005_173617.jpg
    20141005_173617.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 208
If it is popping on deceleration you are lean on idle.

Set the idle as per specs, and it should clear up.

Idle adjusting.

Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when the screw is cracked open.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

Last edited:
I got all the carb and motor work completed. I just had to back my fuel screw out about 1/2 a turn more and it all cleared up. Its the fastest thing ive ever sat my @$$ on. Gonna look in to lockout clutches to see if I can stop the slipping in 4th and 5th. But for now I am just going to ride it out the rest of the year and put my graphics kit and seat cover on when i go through and winterize all my wheelers.