takes forever to start and dies when stopping in 4th-5th gear why???

k guys i fixed it!!!!!!!!!! today i tryed to fire it up again and on the second kick it worked im pretty sure it was the sparkplug becasue afteri cleaned it it started to work like it just came out of the factory!!!! thanks for the help and time i really appreciatie it but should i still clean the carb or just let it be how it is so nothing else goes wrong.???

k guys i fixed it!!!!!!!!!! today i tryed to fire it up again and on the second kick it worked im pretty sure it was the sparkplug becasue afteri cleaned it it started to work like it just came out of the factory!!!! thanks for the help and time i really appreciatie it but should i still clean the carb or just let it be how it is so nothing else goes wrong.???

The next thing that may go wrong is a burnt piston and all sorts of metal bits down into the crank bearings if you don't listen to these old guys.

We have heard SOOooooo many stories of:
"I just bought a Blaster, rode it for 2 days and now the engine is siezed. What do I do?"

Here is what you do, BEFORE it blows up:
Get a manual, read it cover to cover, do the maintenance, repair anything that is broke,
buy 4 new plugs,
clean or replace the airfilter,
replace the gearbox oil with proper bike gearbox oil,
buy good quality 2 stroke oil (usually over $10/quart)
do a compression test (over 100psi is OK, over 120 is better, over 140 is excellent, over 160 can be problems).

Build a leak tester as shown above, pull the carb and exhaust and test your engine for leaks. Leaks kill engines.
I have loose standards but if you cannot hold 5psi for a minute, you HAVE to fix the problem, whatever it is.

Leak test done, take the carb apart and clean it. Use the RIGHT SIZED screwdivers. ALWAYS.
A spray can of carb cleaner with a tube on it will clean all the passages (WEAR SAFETY GLASSES, it burns eyes).
Note the jet sizes, set up the float level, DO NOT use too much force on assemble or BRASS and ALUMINUM WILL STRIP.
Go buy the stock size jets if the bike is stock and the jets are not. They are cheap, engines are not.
Have a look into the exhaust port before you put the pipe back on, you will see the condition of the piston skirt and bore in there.

Read up on "Plug Chop".
Warm the engine on the used plug. Run it gently for 15 minutes, then put in a new plug and do a plug chop.
Buy and adjust jets accordingly. Now you are ready to ride hard.

Keep reading here, if you have done all this we can show you here how to double your power.
If you haven't done all this, you probably won't be interested...

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: