takes forever to start and dies in 4th-5th gear when slowing dwon and transferinggers

05blasterbeast3

Nov 12, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
hello guys im a newbie to 4 wheelers and im only 14 years old, and i need some help!!!! Ive owned my 2005 Yamaha blaster for about half a year now and up unto now i got a problem. it takes forever to start but when i start it i have to warm it up for about a minute or to and then its good. why does it take so long to start??? theses are the things i tried and did so far:

-just changed the oil today

-cleaned out the spark plug really good with my uncle

another problem i have is when I'm driving in like 4th-5th gear and slow down and brake at the end of the street/turn i kick the gears down but when i do the engine starts to slowwwwwwly die off and turns off why????? hope to get some feedback and recommendations very soon...

thanks dave

Re: takes forever to start and dies in 4th-5th gear when slowing dwon and transfering

i would start by cleaning the carb.. mainly the pilot jet!

it never hurts to do a compression check, it only takes a minute and then you know what your working with..

you can also make sure your gas cap is flowing air freely, sometimes on long pulls you could draw a vacume in the tank and this will keep fuel from flowing to the carb.

plugs are cheap.. buy a new one br8es

Re: takes forever to start and dies in 4th-5th gear when slowing dwon and transfering

okay yeah i was thinking about doing that so would u personally first start with a carburetor clean up/out or a compression check?

btw thanks for the info..... and about that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why do you have 2 threads going at the same time, please confine your questions to one thread to save people checking the other thread to compare answers.

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/takes-forever-start-dies-when-stopping-4th-5th-gear-why-54160/

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: