swinger home made

The arm is a +4 . The lower mount is not as wide as stock. I made it to fit the 400 EX. I'm going to add additional gussets and braces. Two triangles on the front cross piece and a gusset under the shock mount then it should be done. I used a mig to weld it awk. I won't be selling these. Too much liability.

Very nice work ! Wish I could weld well enough to try this. I trust Yamahaha welds before mine lol :D

looking good man, all this extended swinger talk lately makes me want one REALLY BAD!! haha keep up the good work!

Here it is with the additional braces and some paint.

Blasterbuild7004.jpg

Blasterbuild7005.jpg

Blasterbuild7006.jpg

wow, it looks good and so simple to do, so bad i got no idea how to weld, either got a weld in my home to try...
isnt the chain to close to the swimg? just wondering...

anyway... congratulations oconnor =)

hey man from experiece, that blue chain it will last a couple months then the paint will start chipping, we have a red one and thats what happend...my dad said he isnt goin gto be buying anymore of those.....but hey maybe the blue chain is stronger paint, lol

looks awesome ken! this is what i was thinking about doing for mine but with my limited time/resources i may just end up buying one. not a fan of cut up and extended ones, so its either build or buy one

Doesn't running the lower shock mount that way (no bushing) wear the hole larger/oval with time? Main reason I ask is I have to build a mount for a similar shock and was mentally debating how to do it...

Been running this $30 shock for over a year and no wear yet.

The chain is what it is and will be changed a few times this year. I don't like O ring chains. Tons more drag. $20 chains are like filter oil. You have to buy it.

oconnor, what metal did u use to make the swimgarm, aluminium or steel or an special one?

thx and ended up really nice, i think i will try to copy urs :)

wait wait wait... i thoguht o ring chains were good, huh, i'm not gonna use a o ring chain when i replace mine then.

o-ring chains are good but with the little rubber o-rings between each link it makes the chain a little harder to flex as it goes around the sprockets.Therefore it takes more power to turn the chain. The non o-ring turn easier but wear out faster because dirt and water gets in between the links.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly, i prefer O ring to be honest, they last a while :) if you got the doh, u cud get an X ring, all the properties of an O ring, but without the drag, never seen one but apparently there good :)