super gay..

YFS200BOI

Mar 20, 2010
MEMPHIS,TN
i bought some acerbis hand guards and i put them on and took them off cause my damm throtle was to far away what do i do...

i have a set i got from the 305's, i just stuck them on my sons build temporarily, while its tore down, and they seemed to fit ok, they clamp on to the inside of all your controls near where the bars start to bend down, i didnt have to move any controls

i have a set i got from the 305's, i just stuck them on my sons build temporarily, while its tore down, and they seemed to fit ok, they clamp on to the inside of all your controls near where the bars start to bend down, i didnt have to move any controls

yup....pics of the problem would be helpful, but i'm gonna guess its installer error

Don't know if this is it or not but I bought a cheeper set of Acerbis thinking they would fit a quad. They clamp on the bars to the left of the throttle Assembly.
With a twist it would work fine but a thumb pushed the guard over to far and half your hand was exposed. Putting it between the throttle and the grip pushes the throttle over to far.

He has these; Acerbis Uniko Handguards Mount Kit Yellow YZ YZF RM RMZ : eBay Motors (item 380216825941 end time Apr-18-10 08:40:21 PDT)

and if you look at his sig picture above he has a throttle box and his lever then his grip,so his throttle is already kinda far due to his shorty levers..

these these handguards either mount

beside his throttle box=to far away,bars stick out from the sides of the guards when looking from the front

inbetween his throttle and lever or between his lever and GRIP makes the thumb throttle rediculous far away

Last edited by a moderator:
you cant compare yours to his NOVIS,

he has drum brakes and you have disk,

he has his shorty levers right beside his grips and you have yours behind the throttle,completly different