stumped about jetting

white00blaster

Jun 17, 2009
I have read all the threads on jetting but I'm still stumped. I put it a 310 ran like crap so I moved the needle up one (leaning it) it idles great, low rpm's its great doesn't stumble but once you get in the throttle hard its quick to rev out, hit the powerband but it doesn't feel like its pulling hard just reving out fast. Does anyone have any ideas about why it's reving out quick, hitting the powerband right away but not pulling hard? The bike doesn't hit the power band then die, instead it hits the powerband then right away revs out with out gaining speed/power. No air leaks around carb, fresh gas runing 40:1 premix on pump gas,plug is a mocha chocolate color like people say it should be.

it seems that your too rich on top you dont seem to have many mods and the 310 is a fairly big jet id say try like a 270 and go up or down from there

I would have to say the same i used a 260 jet though on mine and it runs like a charm now also might want to check your air screw on the carb that gave me problems before