Stroker 3+ crank spacer question

joedirt5724

Mar 2, 2009
westmoreland, ny
My blaster has been blown up since march. It broke a skirt off the piston after being about 4 months old. So i ordered all the parts to redo the motor, with the new stroker 3+ crank. Vitos sent me 2 paper base gaskets, and what look to be 2 metal base gaskets that i would assume to be the spacers. Can some one tell me how to put the spacer on? It didnt come with any instructions at all. Thanks

i like that idea but im runnin out of cash, i just need to know what order they go. And i bought a high comp metal base gasket, so i want that to go in place of the paper.

When I put my 3mm the portin and cut my head told me to run all the gasket and spacer otherwise I'll hit the head. But think of it this way you will have to pretty much cut the head done t nothin and you will still be runnin a higher comp and when you a higher comp around 160 and that means u need to run race gas and the motor has a much greater chance of blowin up so i would run the spacer and gasket

sounds like they sent you one to many spacers. you need a gasket on the bottom then the spacer then the other gasket then the cylinder goes on. do you have any way to measure that spacer? I have one in the garage and if you can measure it with a caliper i could let you know if mine is the same.

I understand funds are runnin short but you have to do leakdown test on that thing before you run it. anytime you take any part of the top end apart ie reed cage head cylinder. you need to do a leakdown test. holeshotman sells them for 30 bucks in the forsale page. it is a must dude. an airleak will cause you to run lean and blow that new 240 kit all to sh*t.

30 bucks is cheap compared to all the gaskets, bore job, and a new piston that it could cost to NOT do it

and you sounded a little confused when you last posted about that high comp gasket, just use the paper, spacer, paper, throw that high comp gasket to the dogs
and like phragle said it should equal 1/2 the amount of the added stroke,
and definately do a leak test, we've been finding thise vito's and k&s green paper gaskets to leak, stock is better, but thicker, and will throw off your spacing